It’s the first week of Midas’s challenges in Fortnite, and one of the challenges is to earn gold Survival, Combat, or Scavenger medals. You only need to earn three of any type, so it’s not that hard to do.
Remember, you need to complete 18 challenges in total across both weeks of Midas’ Mission to get a chance to do his secret mission, and get your hands on a Ghost or Shadow Midas skin. This week gives us the first ten challenges, with ten more on the way next week.
- Gold Scavenger Medal – you need to search 12 chests, llamas, or supply drops.
- Gold Combat Medal – you need to get 8 eliminations or assists in a single match.
- Gold Survival Medal – you need to make it to the last 10 players surviving in a match.
If you are not the best at shooting in Fortnite, then you will want to go after the Scavenger medals. This is quite easy to do in certain parts of the map, and we have a guide that should help you get it wrapped up in no time.
The important thing to remember about medals is that you can only get one Gold medal a day, as your punchcard will reset every 24 hours. So it might take you three days to complete if you only go after the Scavenger medals.
The rest of the challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 Week 9 can be found below:
- Search chests in different named locations (0/6)
- Deal damage to players with Sniper Rifles (0/300)
- Upgrade a weapon to legendary rarity at an upgrade bench (0/1)
- Search a Llama, Legendary Chest or Supply Drop (0/1)
- Deal damage to a Choppa with a passenger or pilot inside (0/100)
- Collect XP coins (0/5)
- Carry a giant pink teddy bear found in Risky Reels 100 meters (0/100)
- Search Midas’ golden llama between a junkyard, gas station and an RV campsite (0/1)
- Gather intel during Spy Games operation matches (0/10)
- Earn survival, combat or scavenger gold medals (0/3)