The events in Pokémon Go always have a specific theme centered around them, and sometimes they feature special guests. For the Distracted by Something Shiny event, it looks like Jessie and James are making their return to the game. The dynamic duo will be assisting trainers as they attempt to work their way through catching shiny Pokémon, and the shiny event features several tasks players need to complete before the event times out.
All Distracted by Something Shiny research tasks and rewards – Catching a shiny Celebi
There will be four tasks in the Distracted by Something Shiny event. All players will need to finish the challenge before the end of the time limit or receive all of the rewards for it. We do know that the end of this event gives everyone who finishes it a guaranteed shiny Celebi, so it’s a worthwhile experience.
We’ll be updating these tasks as they release.
- Transfer 10 Pokémon – 20 Ultra Balls
- Catch 10 Grass-type Pokémon – Nuzleaf encounter
- Evolve 3 Grass-type Pokémon – Cottonee encounter
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1,000 XP, and a Diglett Encounter
- Play with your buddy 10 times – 1 Poffin
- Take a snapshot of a Grass-type Pokémon – Combee encounter
- Give your buddy 10 treats – Cherubi encounter
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1,000 XP, and a Pinsir encounter
- Defeat Jessie or James 4 times – 5 Max Revive
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws – Hoothoot encounter
- Hatch 3 eggs – Whimsicott encounter
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1,000 XP, and a Vibrava Encounter
- Claim Reward: 500 XP
- Claim Reward: Oddish encounter
- Claim Reward: Foongus encounter
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1,000 XP, and a Shiny Celebi encounter