Despite the Tour: Kanto event being over in Pokémon Go, there’s still time to celebrate the many Pokémon from the Kanto region with a follow-up event. The Kanto Celebration event is the final celebration-themed event for Pokémon Go, before the Season of Celebration ends. Soon, we’ll be learning about the next season, and what types of events will be happening in Pokémon Go in spring.
The Kanto Celebration will be free to all players, and it will be happening from February 21 to 27. For those who did not capture or finish all of your Collection challenges from the Tour: Kanto event, now’s the time to complete them before the end of the month. You also want to make sure you’ve finished your Special Research task to obtain your shiny Ditto, and unlock access to the All-in-One 151 Masterwork Research task to catch your shiny Mew.
All Kanto Celebration Research tasks and rewards
These are all of the tasks you need to finish before February 27 rolls around.
- Power up Pokémon 5 times – Paras encounter
- Transfer 6 Pokémon – Geodude encounter
- Catch 20 Pokémon – Rhyhorn encounter
Rewards: Onix encounter, 1,000 XP, and 40 Mega Venusaur energy
- Defeat 4 Team Go Rocket Grunts – Pokémon encounter
- Catch 2 Shadow Pokémon – Drowzee encounter
- Catch 20 Pokémon – Koffing encounter
Rewards: Grimer encounter, 1,000 XP, and 40 Mega Charizard energy
- Take a snapshot of Water-type Pokémon – Staryu encounter
- Catch 20 Water-type Pokémon – Shellder encounter
- Catch 25 Pokémon – Tentacool encounter
Rewards: Omanyte encounter, 3 Pinap Berries, and 40 Mega Blastoise energy
- Power up Pokémon 10 times – Porygon encounter
- Send 3 gifts to friends – Jynx encounter
- Catch 25 Pokémon – Eevee encounter
Rewards: Aerodactyl encounter, 2,500 XP, and 1 Rare Candy