The Tour: Kanto event in Pokémon Go is a celebration of Pokémon Go’s 25th anniversary. The Pokémon appearing in this event are from all over the Kanto region, and with a little luck and determination, you’ll be able to find all 150 to add to your collection. There are several shiny Pokémon appearing in the event, and if you’re looking to add a shiny Ditto to your collection, you need to reach the end of this special research task. The special task you need to complete to capture the shiny Mew is called the All in One 151 Masterwork research.
You won’t be able to participate in this research task unless you purchase the Tour Kanto ticket. You can do this in the Pokémon Go application, and then you’ll need to select the Red or Green versions of the ticket, each with exclusive Pokémon for you to capture and trade with other players.
You want to make sure you complete this special research task to gain access to the Masterwork Research that gives you access to a shiny Mew.
All Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto special research tasks and rewards to catch shiny Ditto
These are all of the tasks you need to complete to finish the Tour Kanto special research and all of the rewards that go along with them.
Silphroad redditors have confirmed that the rewards for the tasks vary on the ticket you purchased. If you have a Red ticket, then you will receive Charmander encounters and Charmander candy. If you purchased a Green ticket you will receive Bulbasaur encounters and Bulbssaur candy. No love for Squirtle here, though.
These will be the only differences. Everything else should remain the same, and yes, everyone on task 7 should have the opportunity to capture a shiny Ditto.
- Claim reward: 10 Poké Balls
- Claim reward: 3 Razz Berries
- Claim reward: 3 Potions
Rewards: 150 XP, Charmander or Bulbasaur encounter, and 3 incense
- Use an incense: 50 Poké Balls
- Catch 30 Pokémon: Tangela Encounter
- Take a snapshot of a Charmander or a Bulbasaur: 1 Poffin
Rewards: 25 Charmander or Bulbasaur candy, Chansey encounter, and 50 Poké Balls
- Earn 3 hearts with your buddy: 300 Stardust
- Catch 30 Pokémon: 500 XP
- Evolve a Charmander or Bulbasaur : 25 Charmander or Bulbasaur candy
Rewards: 2 incense, 25 Ultra Balls, and a Cubone encounter
- Use an incense: Egg incubator
- Send 3 gifts to friends: Pinap berry
- Trade 3 Pokémon with a friend: 25 Charmander or Bulbasaur candy
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 25 Poké Balls, and a Lickitung encounter
- Make 3 Nice throws in a row: Aerodactyl encounter
- Catch 10 different species of Pokémon: Star piece
- Use 20 berries to catch Pokémon: 25 Charmander or Bulbasaur candy
Rewards: 1 Premium battle pass, 25 Cubone candy, and a Snorlax encounter
- Make 3 Nice Throws in a row: 25 Charmander candy
- Battle in 3 Raids: 20 Mewtwo candy
- Evolve 1 Pokémon: 1 Tour Cap
Rewards: 1 Fast TM, 1 Charged TM, and a Lapras encounter
- Catch 30 Pokémon: 3,000 XP
- Catch 15 different species of Pokémon: 20 Mewtwo candy
- Transfer 20 Pokémon: 3,000 XP
Rewards: 1 Lure module, 1 Lucky egg, and a shiny Ditto encounter
- Claim Reward: 3,000 XP
- Claim Reward: 3,000 Stardust
- Claim Reward: 3,000 XP
Reward: 20 Ditto Candy, 20 Mew Candy, and 10 Ditto stickers