Portnova has some new skins for the second season of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and to unlock them, you’ll need to complete her new Operator Mission: Cryptography Specialist.
Cryptography Specialist is unlocked once you have reached Tier 50 in the battle pass. You complete a series of four objectives, with rewards given after each one. All of these objectives have to be completed in the game’s multiplayer mode. Finishing the mission will get you the Tree Hugger and Militia skins, along with some other cosmetics.
If you’re looking to cross this mission of your list, then check out just what exactly you will be doing for it:
- Kill 10 enemies near an active decoy grenade. Completing this objective will earn you the Destructive Mentality Calling Card and 1,500 XP.
- Kill five enemies that have been revealed by your Spy Plane. Completing this objective will earn you the Tree Hugger skin and 2,000 XP.
- Destroy five enemy Field Upgrades while using the Engineer perk. Completing this objective will get you the Global Enforcer emblem and 2,500 XP.
- Kill 15 enemies with pistols. Completing this objective will earn you the Militia skin and 3,000 XP.
While the objectives are fairly straightforward, we do have some tips to help make it a little easier for you:
- The range that counts as “near” a decoy grenade can be a little wonky. There will be times you think it was close enough, and it won’t be. Unfortunately, it will have to be trial and error for this one, and you will have to just roll with it. Hopefully, after enough time, you will start to get a better understanding of what the range is.
- Spy Planes have a pretty short duration, so you won’t want to bide your time too much once activating it. If you’re fast enough, you can even knock this objective out in one use, but don’t feel like you have to. Trying to be aggressive can open you up to mistakes, which just makes the whole thing a waste of time.
- Avoid using the Magnum for a pistol with the last objective. The Magnum is a popular choice because of the damage it does, but its fire rate makes us hesitant. We just think that using the 1911 or Diametti, which allows you to get off a few shots much quicker, is a better option.