Cloud saves have become a very important feature on both consoles and PC. While players need to subscribe to get cloud saves on some consoles, cloud saves are free on PC through a basic Steam feature.
Apart from allowing players to pick a game from where they left off across different devices, cloud saves also help in situations when the locally saved file is corrupted. If you wish to retrieve your cloud saves on Steam, here is how to do it.
How to download Steam cloud saves
Usually, Steam automatically syncs the game’s save data with the cloud each time you finish your gameplay session. If there is a conflict between the cloud saves and local save files, users get a prompt to either upload the local save files to the cloud or download the save files on the cloud. However, if for some reason you don’t get the prompt, you can access the files manually as well. You can also use this process to transfer your saves between Windows and Mac. Follow the steps below to download Steam cloud saves.
- Go to the Cloud page on the Steam website.
- Log in with your username and password, and enter your Steam guard code when prompted.
- You will see a list of games for which you are using cloud saves.
- Click on Show files to see the list of save files.
- Click on Download to download the respective save file.