Destiny 2’s Thunderlord is a ridiculously fun Exotic Heavy Machine that spits death at everything downrange. Any kills with the weapon will activate the Reign Havoc perk, which causes Arc lighting to strike the ground around the target, resulting in incredibly efficient wave clear.
When the weapon was first introduced to Destiny 2 during Season of the Forge, it was attached to a short quest that all players could complete to get their hands on it. Unfortunately, that quest is long gone, and the Thunderlord can now be obtained from Exotic Engrams, bring a significant degree of RNG to the proceedings. To get your hands on some Exotic drops, you can play Crucible matches, beat challenging enemies in the game, finish weekly Powerful Gear challenges, ranking up your Season Pass. And then hope and pray that an Exotic Engram drops for you.
Ordeal Nightfalls are a great place to try to farm Exotics, but they are quite challenging and you will need a Fireteam for them. The higher the difficulty of the Ordeal Nightfall, the greater the chance of an Exotic drop upon completion.
- Impact – 41
- Range – 64
- Stability – 55
- Handling – 46
- Reload Speed – 69
- Magazine – 62
- Zoom – 15
- Recoil – 70
- Reign Havoc – kills with this weapon cause Arc lightning strikes from above.
- Polygonal Rifling – Barrel is optimized for recoil reduction.
- Armor-Piercing Rounds – Rounds cause extra damage to shields and over-penetrate targets.
- Lighting Rounds – This weapon fires faster and more accurately the longer the trigger is held. Continuous damage generates lightning strikes.
- Feeding Frenzy – kills with this weapon decrease reload speed for a short time.