You may have wondered if there is a way to get a bot only lobby in Fortnite. In Chapter 2 Season 5 there is a way to do this, and we will run through it in this article for you. It is not going to be the most exciting thing in the world to play, but people like to do this thing for all sorts of reasons, such as recording movies or funny videos with their friends, introducing people to the game, or sometimes when they need to try and find 40 different characters that could spawn anywhere on the map.
The first step is to set up a new Fortnite account on a second platform. You will want to play in the lobby as your main account, but you will need a brand new account to make it happen. You can set the second account up on any platform you like, to test it out we set it up on Nintendo Switch, with our main account on PC. Just make sure you use a platform that you don’t tend to actively play on, as any time you want to load into a bot lobby you will need the secondary account to be logged in.
When that is done, there will be a couple of steps to take.
- Send a friend request from the new account to your main account.
- Set up a lobby on the NEW account, and invite your main account to the lobby.
- Make sure the lobby for the NEW account is set to Squads and “No Fill”.
- Set both accounts to ready.
- When the new account loads into the lobby, leave instantly. You don’t want this account to get any experience at all.
- Now your main account is left in a Squads lobby that is filled with bots.
And that is how you get a bots only lobby in Fortnite. It really is a tremendously boring experience, however, and not the way Fortnite is meant to be played. Is it useful for very specific things? Absolutely, but useful isn’t always fun.