One of the major changes to Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 is the addition of character. These are basically NPC skins that can be found all over the map. You can do bounties for them that reward you with Gold, and you can also buy items, weapons, and services from them. You can even hire some of them to accompany you during your match.
There are 40 in total for you to find, but not all of them will be friendly. Some, like Ruckus, just seem to open fire the second they see you. In this guide, we will show you where to find them, but keep in mind that it might take some time for us to track them all down.
The spawn locations appear to be persistent, but they do not seem to spawn in every game, so you might need to search far and wide to find them all. Some of them can spawn in multiple locations, so we will add all possible locations when we have them.
Finally, the little speech-bubble icon will appear on your minimap before it appears in the game as a waypoint, and you can actually see where they are from quite far away on the minimap.
All character locations
- 1 – Lexa – Hunter’s Haven
- 2 – Reese – Dirty Docks
- 3 – Menance – Colossal Coliseum, down in the fighting arena
- 4 – Mancake – Butter Barn, on the south edge of the desert before Hunter’s Haven
- 5 – Mave – Shipwreck Cove, near the house to the west
- 6 – Kondor – Misty Meadows
- 7 – The Mandalorian – The Razor Crest
- 8 – The Reaper – Boost Pad, northwest of Holly Hedges
- 9 – Brutus – Dirty Docks
- 10 – Deadfire – The Sheriff’s Office, to the northeast of the Zero Point in the Desert
- 11 – Triggerfish – Crashed Cargo
- 12 – Bullseye – Steamy Stacks
- 13 – Bandolier – Flushed Building
- 14 – Longshot – Misty Meadows, in the hills
- 15 – Splode – Unremarkable shack near the Lighthouse
- 16 – Blaze – Pristine Point, across the bay from Steamy Stacks or at the Timber Tent to the south of Sweaty Sand.
- 17 – Remedy – Hilltop House, near Pleasant Park or at Craggy Cliffs
- 18 – Big Chuggus – Slurpy Swamp, Shantytown
- 19 – Kyle – Weeping Wood, in an RV near the hotel, or in Lumber Lodge on the south coast of the island, below Apres Ski.
- 20 – Cole – North of Retail Row, or just to the west of Shipwreck Cove
- 21 – Ragnarok – Viking ship west of Holly Hedges
- 22 – Bushranger – Salty Towers, Rapid’s Rest,
- 23 – Dummy – Pleasant Park, just outside the town to the north or at Compact Cars to the west of Dirty Docks.
- 24 – Sparkplug – Lazy Lake, Gas Station between Slurpy Swamp and Weeping Woods. You can also find her at Hydro 16,
- 25 – Burnout – At the bridge below Steamy Stacks, at Sweaty Sands on the road just outside town, or to the southeast of Craggy Cliffs.
- 26 – Turk – Lazy Lake Island, on the small fishing jetty near the house. He can also be found in the river south of Steamy Stacks, or at Lake Canoe.
- 27 – Outcast – Sweaty Sands or at Flopper Pond, north of Weeping Woods.
- 28 – Rapscallion – Lazy Lake, Holly Hedges
- 29 – Sleuth – Sweaty Sands or Retail Row, you can find him in the Detective Agency at both locations.
- 30 – Grimbles – Fort Crumpet
- 31 – Sunflower – The Orchard
- 32 – Farmer Steel – Steel farm east of Colossal Coliseum
- 33 – Doggo – Pleasant Park, Retail Row.
- 34 – Kit – Catty Corner
- 35 – Beef Boss – Durr Burger Food Truck, The Durr Burger
- 36 – Tomato Head – The Pizza Pit, Pizza Pete’s Food Truck
- 37 – Bunker Jonesy – Camp Cod or to the West of Shipwreck Cove
- 38 – Bigfoot – On the edge of Weeping Woods, right beside Holly Hedges. You can also find him on the island next to Coral Castle, down at Shipwreck Cove, on the coast below Apres Ski, or the small island to the northeast of Steamy Stacks.
- 39 – Ruckus – Hydro 16
- 40 – Fishstick – Craggy Cliffs or Coral Castle.
- 41 – Snowmando – In the snowy hills to the south of Catty Corner, near the icecream truck.
This guide is under construction. We will add more character locations as we find them.