Cosmetics in a multiplayer video game can usually be an indicator of skill and gameplay accomplishments, and Call of Duty is one of the more competitive examples of this. There are plenty of camouflage weapon skins, or camos, that you can earn through multiplayer challenges in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. At its core, all you are doing to earn camos for a certain gun is by using it frequently to level it up. But you’ll have to check off certain tasks to get specific camos and go all the way up to Gold, Diamond, and DM Ultra camos.
Below is a list of all camos in Black Ops Cold War — the same unlock conditions apply to each individual firearm. There are seven categories of camo, with five skins in each category.
This variant of camo is unlocked by default; earn camos by getting eliminations (which includes assists) with your weapon in Multiplayer.
- Shards – 25 eliminations
- Ambush – 50 eliminations
- Frozen Lake – 100 eliminations
- Debris – 200 eliminations
- Prosper – 300 eliminations
You can start earning Stripes camos at Weapon Level 5. Earn these with Headshot medals with your weapon in Multiplayer.
- Gravel – 10 Headshot medals
- Graze – 20 Headshot medals
- Frost – 30 Headshot medals
- Thrash – 50 Headshot medals
- Bengal – 75 Headshot medals
You’ll see some familiar camos when you approach Weapon Level 10. To get these Classic camos, rack up killstreaks of at least five using your weapon.
- Platoon – 3 killstreaks
- Ash – 5 killstreaks
- Checkpoint – 10 killstreaks
- Coercion – 15 killstreaks
- Ransom – 20 killstreaks
Odder shapes and colors will be at your disposal come Weapon Level 20. You’ll need a good eye, however — Longshot medals from killing with your weapon from afar are needed.
- Blockade – 5 Longshot medals
- Warsaw – 10 Longshot medals
- Transform – 15 Longshot medals
- Fraction – 25 Longshot medals
- Bloodline – 50 Longshot medals
These camos are more aesthetically pleasing if that matters to you for a deadly weapon. These are earned after Weapon Level 30, by killing a certain number of enemies with your weapon who are detected, stunned, or blinded by your Scorestreaks, Equipment, or Field Upgrades.
- Frith – Kill 5 enemies
- Old Growth – Kill 15 enemies
- Nectar – Kill 30 enemies
- Lumber – Kill 50 enemies
- Cherry Blossom – Kill 75 enemies
The Science camos have pretty distinct designs to them. Beginning at Weapon Level 40, all you have to do for these high-concept skins is to kill enemies at point-blank range with your weapon.
- Teleport – Kill 5 enemies
- Cosmonaut – Kill 15 enemies
- Decipher – Kill 30 enemies
- Integer – Kill 50 enemies
- Policia – Kill 75 enemies
At this point, there’s no way these camos are standard issue. Get these groovy camos starting at Weapon Level 50 by killing two or more enemies “rapidly” a certain number of times with your weapon.
- Groovy – 5 multi-kills
- Seducer – 10 multi-kills
- Blush – 15 multi-kills
- Melancholy – 20 multi-kills
- Bliss – 25 multi-kills
Earning camos at the Mastery class will require you to be a jack of all trades. While you unlock Gold camo by unlocking camos for one weapon, the Diamond and Dark Matter Ultra camos take a bit more doing across more than just that single weapon.
- Gold – Unlock 35 Multiplayer Camos for your weapon
- Diamond – Unlock Gold Camo for 5 weapons in the same class
- DM Ultra – Unlock Diamond Camo for all Weapon Classes in Multiplayer