While going for a bathe in the purple pool at Steamy Stacks in Fortnite sounds like a very simple challenge, we believe this one might catch some players out. The first instinct if you head for the stacks themselves, but this isn’t going to work out so well.
Due to the wind that travels up the stacks, you cannot actually get into the purple pools at the base of them. If you try, you will just get blown up the stack by the wind. Instead, you need to make your way into one of the buildings, where a purple pool is used to cool a reactor on the ground floor.
Make your way to Steamy Stacks, then go into Building 2. Go through the safety doors until you reach the purple pool, then jump into it. That’s it, challenge completed and 20,000 XP earned for your Battle Pass.
After that, you are free to loot up, as Steamy Stacks is a great place to get some solid loot, and then finish out the match as you see fit.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 13 challenges below:
- Scan a server at a Surface Hub (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Throw fruit at Hunter’s Haven (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Damage opponents at Hunter’s Haven, The Orchard, Retail Row (0/300) – 20000 XP
- Pistol Damage (0/300) – 20000 XP
- Bathe in the Purple Pool at Steamy Stacks (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Enter the Zero Point (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Destroy Crystal Trees (0/5) – 20000 XP
- Build Structures (60, 120, 180, 240, 300) – 55000 to 22000 XP