One of the challenges in Fortnite this week is to engage in a little bit of explosive fishing. You will need to blow up fishing holes at Sharky Shell, Sweaty Sands, or Flopper Pond.
All these locations are actually quite close together and can be found in the northeast quarter of the map. Flopper Pond is just to the east of Holly Hedges, Sweaty Sands is on the northern coast of the island, below Coral Castle, and Sharky Shell is right at the top of the map to the north of Coral Castle.
The first thing you will need to do is track down some explosives. Grenades are the most likely thing that you will find and can appear in the game as ground loot, or be found in chests. Once you have any form of explosive, it’s time to go hunting for fishing holes.
These are circular ripples that appear in the water and will have some fish floating around inside them. Flopper Pond tends to be a quiet area, but will normally only have two fishing holes. Sweaty Sands, with its long coastline, is the best place to go to find them, but also tends to be busy and is called Sweaty Sands for a reason.
Once you get there, carefully aim your explosive at the fishing hole and then let loose. The fishing hole will explode, dropping any loot it may have yielded if you were to fish there normally, and you can move on to the next one.
You need to blow up three fishing holes at any of the above locations in order to finish up this challenge.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 6 challenges below:
- Blow up Fishing Holes at Sharky Shell, Sweaty Sands, or Flopper Pond (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Destroy Motorboats – (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Blow up Fishing Holes at Lazy Lake, Lake Canoe, and near Steamy Stacks – (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Catch Fish (0/7) – 20000 XP
- Signal the Coral Buddies (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Destroy Boats (0/7) – 20000 XP
- Destroy Fishing Rod Barrels (0/7) – 20000 XP
- Legendary Quest – Get Headshots – (20/40/60/80/100) – 55000 to 22000 XP