Operation Snowdown has begun in Fortnite! Epic is celebrating Christmas with more free stuff, two free skins, and plenty of challenges. One of the first challenges is to visit different Snowmando Outpost in the game.
We will be searching high and low to track them all down for you, but so far they are proving difficult to find. We will be updating this guide as we go, so refresh it regularly.
You will need to find the outposts, and loot chests at them for the challenges. You can also find planes here, which is very cool, and a nice return of a fan favourite vehicle to the game.
One very important thing to know about these is that they may not appear in your lobby. We do not know if this is a known bug at this time. They do not seem to appear in Solo or Team Rumble matches at all.
All Snowmando Outpost Locations
You can find one to the west of Pleasant Park
You can find one to the south of Holly Hedges, near the Durr Burger.
Catty Corner/Weather Station
The third one can be found near Catty Corner and the Weather Station in the hills on the south of the map.
The fourth Outpost can be found just to the southeast of Steamy Stacks.
Weeping Woods/Slurpy Swamp
The last one is just to the northesst of Slurpy Swamp, and the southeast of Weeping Woods.
You can find the rest of the Snowmando Challenges below, but not all of them will be open today:
- Complete Epic Quests (0/73)
- Visit different Snowmando outposts (0/1) – 10000XP
- Deal damage with Lever Action Rifle (0/100) – 10000XP
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (0/9) – Snowmando Skin
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests 0/12 – Frost Squad Skin
- Dance at different Holiday trees (0/5) – 10000XP
- Search chests at Snowmando outposts (0/5) – 10000XP
- Place Top 10 with friends in squads (0/3) – 20000XP
- Destroy Nutcracker statues (0/5) – 10000XP
- Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwings (0/5000) – 10000XP
- Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwings (0/10) – 20000XP
- Collect Gold Bars (0/100) – 10000XP
- Catch a Snowy Flopper 0/1 – 10000XP
- Revive a player in different matches (0/3) – 20000XP
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches (0/3) – 10000XP
- Play duo/squads with friends (0/5) – 20000XP
- Stoke a campfire (0/2) – 10000XP
- Deal damage at Snowmando outposts (0/250) – 10000XP
- Use Chiller Launcher to apply ice feet to opponents (0/10) – 20000XP