PES 2019’s reveal is slated for May 9, 2018. So in just a couple days, we’ll learn the first official details about the latest game in the sports series by Konami and we’ll be given a glimpse of gameplay in (at least) a teaser trailer.
The reveal was hinted at during the latest El Clasico, the big match which took place yesterday in Spain at the Camp Nou between Barcelona and Real Madrid, where billboards all around the pitch showcased the PES 2019 logo for the first time ever.
That’s not surprising at all – Konami is a commercial partner of FC Barcelona and that means to have a very sweet spot on the pitch at the Camp Nou, one of the most famous stadiums in football, even in so many important matches.
During the last few weeks, the game was also spotted on Hong Kong’s PlayStation Store, which reportedly claimed that the release date was already fixed at August 30, perhaps taking advantage of transfers being closed earlier this year in most of the major European leagues.
The listing reported these new features for the game, alongside with the first batch of screenshots grabbed from the title ahead of the reveal:
- AUTHENTIC LEAGUES: Huge addition of licensed leagues
- NEW MYCLUB: Every element has been redone, from how you sign players, to special versions of players released throughout the year
- MAGIC MOMENTS: Player individuality taken to the next level with 11 new skill traits, score great goals with improved shooting motion and animation and see stamina have an impact with Visible Fatigue
- THE BEAUTIFUL GAME: Photo-realism with stunning animation flow in 4K HDR
- ML REAL SEASON: Experience life as a real manager with 3 significant changes: ICC pre-season, in-depth transfer system and new league licenses
With the reveal slated on May 9, we’ll sure see this stuff confirmed and maybe we’ll get some more details in the wait for E3 2018 to kick off and have even more details and gameplay videos to check how good this year’s iteration will be.
— Pro Evolution Soccer (@officialpes) May 6, 2018