Pokemon Go and the United Nations World Tourism Organisation are teaming up to bring us a week-long event to celebrate World Tourism Day. The even will run from September 26 to October 1 and will feature new items in the shop, region-specific Pokemon from eggs, and also the arrival of Mine Jr.
You can find the full details of the World Tourism Event listed below:
New features starting on September 26, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- New shirt! Check out a new United Nations World Tourism Organization T-shirt, available in the Style Shop!
- Region-limited Pokémon available in Eggs! The following Pokémon will be available in 5 km Eggs in their respective real-world regions: Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Tropius, Relicanth, Pachirisu, Mime Jr., Chatot, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Heatmor, and Durant.
Features from Thursday, September 26, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Mime Jr., the Mime Pokémon, will be making its debut in Pokémon GO! It will be available in 5 km Eggs in Europe. If you’re lucky, you might hatch a Shiny Mime Jr.!
- Shiny Pokémon rivals spotted! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Zangoose or a Shiny Seviper in the wild in their respective real-world regions!
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading! Trading Pokémon will cost 1/4 less Stardust.
- Spin PokéStops for extra XP! Spinning PokéStops during this event will earn you 2× the regular amount of XP.
- Specially themed Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
Accordingly to the PokemonGoLive website, the Pokemon GO Fest in Chicago saw visitors from 68 different countries and regions, while Pokemon GO Fest Dortmund had visitors from over 90 different countries and regions. Games like Pokemon GO are becoming a significant force for tourism, and are uniting people from all over the world in their love of the hobby.