Best Locations for Pre-War Food in Fallout 76
Refrigeration not required.
Cooking in Fallout 76 isn’t everyone’s forté. Outside of just cooking a slab of meat, most of the recipes require multiple ingredients that you need to spend your time searching for. Instead of scouring the wasteland for all of the ingredients, you could just grab some Pre-War Food to eat on your journey. It will definitely save you the hassle of cooking things the right way. It might also give you a great roleplaying experience.
Related: What is Weaponized Nuka Cola Ammo in Fallout 76? via Pro Game Guides
Every type of Pre-War Food
Pre-War Food actually stands for many different items in Fallout 76. Any food item you might find out in the world that doesn’t require you to cook can be considered Pre-War Food. If you plan on going out to find your own pre-cooked meal in a can or box, you will want to know what to look for. The following items are all Pre-War Food:
- Blamco Brand Mac and Cheese
- Cajun Rice and Beans
- Canned Dog Food
- Cotten Candy Bites
- Dandy Boy Apples
- Fancy Lads Snack Cakes
- Funnel Cake
- Halloween Candy (Monster Mash event)
- Imitation Seafood
- Pork n’ Beans
- Potato Crisps
- Salisbury Steak
- Sugar Bombs
- Vegetarian Ham
- Yum Yum Deviled Eggs
There is a total of 17 different items that are all Pre-War Food that you can find in the wastelands of Appalachia. While they may not be the most healthy (and are definitely rad-covered) they will get you by until your next decent meal.
Related: How do magazines work in Fallout 76
Best areas to get Pre-War Food
There are a few areas where you can find a large amount of Pre-War Food for your character’s enjoyment. Keep in mind that if you are playing on a public server, there is a good chance that these places might have been searched already. Playing on a private server is a better way to guarantee items to be in specific places around the world. Check the following areas if you want some Pre-War Food
- Mama Dolce’s Food Processing: Located in Morgantown, Mama Dolce’s typically has Pre-War Food scattered all over the interior. This area is also where the Feed the People public event happens. This event will reward you with more food for completing it.
- Sunshine Meadows Industrial Farm: If you are a fan of controlling territories and want to own your own food processing plant, head down to Sunshine Meadows Industrial Farm. If it’s not already controlled, claim this workshop as your own and use the food packaging machine inside to get 20 food items per hour. This location is south of Point Pleasant along the western side of the map.
- Whitespring: Whitespring is a large golf course and country club northwest of Foundation. Foundation is the area where you can find the Settler Faction. This area is frequented by many vault hunters but you will also be able to find many canned goods around the area by checking the golf club and the large central resort building. The garbage cans here tend to have many Pre-War Food items that just need a little rinsing off to enjoy.
Pre-War Food is pretty easy to find as long as you know what you are looking for. These items will often appear in the same areas and will never expire. If they survived a nuclear blast, they can survive in your stash box.