Destiny 2 can be a bit of a bloated mass of weapons that players don’t really know what to do with. However, some stand out from the crowd through their versatility in PvP and PvE, like Pardon Our Dust.
In this guide, I’ve refined the perfect Pardon Our Dust God rolls for Destiny 2 across both PvE and PvP. Even though other grenade launchers like Ignition Code may be more powerful, the weapon is simply more useful in a wide variety of other circumstances, and players need that more than pure, targeted extreme power cases.
How to Get Pardon Our Dust in Destiny 2
There are several ways to get Pardon Our Dust in Destiny 2. The core of each method is Dares of Eternity, which players will need to purchase access to if they want to have any chance of getting this weapon as a drop from the activity. Another way to get access to Dares of Eternity is through the 30th Anniversary Pack, although if you don’t have the pack, you can still access the activity and open the chests at Xur’s Treasure Hoard via Treasure Keys, which you earn by defeating bosses.
Opening the treasure chest next to Xur in Xur’s Treasure Hoard can drop Pardon Our Dust. It’s not a common reward there, but I personally used this method to get mine when RNG wasn’t on my side. Killing the Ogre bosses that spawn in Dares of Eternity will also give players a chance to grab this prized grenade launcher.
The last way I know, that’ll get players the Pardon Our Dust grenade launcher is collecting strange coins in Dares of Eternity. It’s a reliable way to get more treasure keys, but it can take quite a while to get enough for a trade-in. Still, it’s definitely a viable method for you to consider.
Pardon Our Dust Stats
Below are the base stats that Pardon Our Dust will likely drop with. These can vary based on the Traits and Perks the weapon drops with, so don’t be surprised if something different ends up showing on the inventory screen.
- Stability: 35
- Handling: 71
- Reload Speed: 72
- Velocity: 76
- Blast Radius: 55
- Rounds Per Minute: 90
PvP God Roll
While Pardon Our Dust is an abysmal weapon when it comes to sheer damage output, it’s got tremendous potential when restoring ability energy and clearing out groups of enemies. That’s where it really shines. The best loadout combinations for the grenade launcher all use a reliable energy primary weapon to help out in engagements with other Guardians. But the thing to remember is that this weapon should be a small part of your arsenal, not the whole bombardment. I learned that the hard way when I tried to duel a player one-on-one.
- Barrel: Hard Launch – Increases Projectile Speed but decreases Stability and Blast Radius.
- Magazine: Proximity Grenades – Grenades fired from Pardon Our Dust have decreased Blast Radius but increased Proximity Detection.
- Perk 1: Auto-Loading Holster – Holstered weapon will be automatically reloaded after a short period of time.
- Perk 2: Demolitionist / Wellspring – Kills generate grenade energy, and activating a player’s grenade reloads the weapon from reserves.
- Kills generate ability energy. The energy will be divided between all uncharged abilities.
- Masterwork: Velocity – Shortens the flight time of a grenade, making it easier to aim and track when the weapon is in use.
- Mod: Icarus Grip – Increases Airborne Effectiveness.
PvE God Roll
It’s PvE where players will really see Pardon Our Dust start to shine. It’s a hugely customizable grenade launcher that can fit into any playstyle. Blinding Grenades are great for minor enemies (add clearing) while turning anything nearby into atoms. But if you prefer to save it for bosses instead, then Spike Grenades and Vorpal Weapon mods are both perfect for maximizing its damage.
- Barrel: Volatile Launch / Hard Launch – Decreases Handling Speed and Projectile Speed while increasing Blast Radius.
- Increases Projectile Speed but decreases Stability and Blast Radius.
- Magazine: Blinding Grenades / Spike Grenades – Disorients enemies but decreases Blast Radius.
- Direct hits from Pardon Our Dust deals additional damage with increased Stability to boot.
- Perk 1: Auto-Loading Holster / Ambitious Assassin – Holstered weapon will be automatically reloaded after a short period of time.
- Overflows the magazine based on the number of rapid kills just before that reload.
- Perk 2: Danger Zone / Vorpal Weapon / Demolitionist – Increases Blast Radius when surrounded by enemies.
- While active, Pardon Our Dust deals significantly less damage to the player.
- Increases damage against bosses, vehicles, and Guardians with their Super active.
- Kills generate grenade energy, and activating a player’s grenade reloads the weapon from reserves.
- Masterwork: Blast Radius – Massively increases the Blast Radius of a weapon.
- Mod: Spec Mod – Increased damage against powerful enemies.