If you have been trying to log on to Destiny 2 today, then you will have been running into some problems. Is Destiny 2 down? Yes, it is, so let’s talk about why.
Is Destiny 2 Down?
Destiny 2 is down for an extended maintenance today and will remain down until tomorrow. It’s a day for Destiny 2 tomorrow, and a lot of work needs to be done to get everything ready.
Not only do we have the release of the new expansion, Shadowkeep, but we also have the launch of Destiny 2: New Light, the free to play version of the game. On PC, Destiny 2 is leaving the Blizzard App and will begin its new life on Steam tomorrow.
With so many things going on, an extended maintenance period was required to ensure the smoothest possible transition for customers.
Below, you will find some details plucked from the Bungie website about the ongoing maintenance, and when you can expect it to end.
Destiny 2 Server Status
Destiny’s maintenance starts on Sept. 30, at 9:45 am PDT, 15:45 UTC. According to the Bungie website, you can expect the following:
- Destiny 1 and 2 will be brought offline to undergo maintenance to prepare for Update 18.104.22.168.
- Players will be unable to log in until October 1, 2019, at 10 AM PDT when Update 22.214.171.124 becomes available.
- Maintenance is expected to conclude at 12:00 PM PDT (2100 UTC) on October 1.
- Sign in, and some of the Bungie.net and Destiny Companion features will be unavailable on Web, Mobile, and Third-Party Apps during maintenance.
The maintenance will stop affecting front end sign-on servers on Oct. 1 at 10 am PDT, 17:00 UTC. While users should be able to sign-on from this time, they may experience sign-on issues due to continued background maintenance.
- Destiny 1 and 2 services are back online, and Destiny 2 Update 126.96.36.199 has begun rolling out across all platforms and regions.
- Users may experience sign-on issues as background maintenance is still ongoing.
- Bungie.net and Destiny Companion features have re-enabled on Web, Mobile, and Third-Party Apps.
Maintenance, including background, will be finished by 12:00 PDT, 19:00 UTC. At this point, you can reasonably expect to be able to sign into the game servers without any issues.
- Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance is expected to complete.
- Console players who encounter issues updating to Update 188.8.131.52 should reset their console and relaunch Destiny 2.
Players who encounter issues should report them to the #Help forum.