The Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 9 map challenges have been revealed by a new Fortnite update and the hard work of leaker iFiremonkey. Week 9 seems a little more interesting than the previous week, as they contain some placeholders, and placeholders normally point to map changes or story progression. Perhaps even the introduction of a new map boss.
Once again we have eight challenges, seven of them for 25,000 XP and one for 50,000 XP. The 50,000 XP challenge can be done with a squad, and your squadmates’ progress will be counted towards your own goal, making it easier to achieve.
- Search chests at Holly Hedges (0/7) – 25000 XP
- Elimination at Slurpy Swamp (0/3) – 25000 XP
- Collect floating rings at Steamy Stacks (0/1) – 250000 XP
- Land at Sharky Shell and finish Top 25 (0/35) – 25000 XP
- Dance at the highest and lowest points on the map– 25000 XP
- Heal teammates with a Bandage Bazooka – 50000 XP
- Knockback opponents with Shockwave Grenades (0/3) – 25000 XP
For the most part, it follows the seasonal pattern of searching chests, getting eliminations, and dealing damage at different locations. There is also a requirement to use Silver Surfer’s Board, and a “land here and live” challenge that can actually be a lot of fun as it turns that location into a hot drop for a while.
The two placeholders could be anything, so we will be updating this article as further leaks reveal what they are, or when the challenges for live in the game.