How to change character appearance in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Dress for the occasion.
You may have overlooked it, but you can actually change your character’s appearance in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. This feature isn’t in the most obvious place and it doesn’t become unlocked until later in the story, so don’t feel bad if you didn’t notice this feature. Unfortunately, like previous games in the Fire Emblem series, you can’t do much in terms of character appearance, but at least you have a few options.
How to change character appearance
The ability to change the appearance of not just your character, but all the characters on your roster, has been sitting in front of you this whole time. To change your appearance, head on over to your character’s tent the next time you are at the camp. Interact with your journal and a small menu will pop up. Select the Change Appearance option from the menu to bring up the character appearance screen.
Related: How to spend Renown points in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
In the character appearance screen, you will see that you have the options for both camp appearance and battle appearance. Each one affects how your characters will look in and out of battle. You can only change what clothing your characters will be wearing during these times and not their physical appearance. These are the options you have when selecting clothes:
- Camp Appearance:
- Academy – Dress the character up in their academy uniform that you met them in at the start of the game. This is the same uniform they wear for a good portion of Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
- War – Dress the character up in the outfit they appear in for the war. This is a character-specific gear.
- Battle Appearance:
- Standard Issue – Dress the character in the standard garb that you chose for their camp appearance.
- Unique – Dress the character up in the standard garb but with pieces of unique gear that help them stand out.
- Class-Based – Dress the character up in the outfit that is designated to them by the class they are currently using.
As you can see, there are not many options when choosing the appearance of any of your units. Perhaps they will add more appearance options in a future update.