Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is out worldwide, and it’s normal for players to encounter different types of errors and bugs. One of the issues that players reported is that the game crashes or freezes while playing. As a result, you will frustratingly be kicked out of the server and sent back to the game’s main lobby. In that case, you can try the following troubleshooting methods listed below.
If the game crashes on PlayStation, you will be sent to the PlayStation dashboard and receive one of the following errors:
- Error code CE-34878-0
- An error has occurred with an application or system software
In that case, just restart the game and attempt to play again. However, if you are still facing the issue, try these fixes:
- Make sure that you have updated your PlayStation to the latest system software update.
- Check if your PlayStation is kept in a cool and well-ventilated place.
- Delete old files and game data from your PlayStation.
If your PlayStation is up to date and in good working order, then there might be an issue with your console. In this case, contact PlayStation Support for assistance.
Game crashes on Xbox usually happen in the Public Multiplayer Lobby before a match begins or immediately after a match ends. You will be sent back to Xbox main menu, and you can try restarting the console. If the game is still crashing, try these methods:
- Make sure you have updated your Xbox to the latest system software update.
- Check if your Xbox is kept in a cool and well-ventilated place.
- Clear the cache on your Xbox, and then play the game.
If you are still encountering the issue, try to Reset your Media Access Control (MAC) Address:
- Press the Xbox button and go to Settings.
- Now, navigate to the Network section and select Network Settings.
- Select Advanced settings and click on Alternate MAC Address.
- Select Clear and click on Restart.
If your Xbox is up to date and in good working order and there are no issues with the game disc, then there might be an issue with your Xbox console; hence, contact Xbox Support for assistance.
In PC, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War usually crashes while attempting to launch or playing public Multiplayer matches. If you keep encountering this issue, go through the methods listed below:
- Check if your PC or laptop is kept in a cool and well-ventilated place.
- Make sure your PC is running a compatible version of Windows 10.
- Close all the applications running in the background.
- Check if you have updated your video and audio drivers to the latest version.
If you still keep encountering this issue, please wait for an update or patch by Activision.