One of the challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 15 is to hire a character. While this is simple in theory, in reality, it can be a little awkward to figure out which characters can actually be hired.
You will need to hire the NPC characters with Gold that you can earn by completing bounties and opening chests. Below, you can find a list of the characters that can be hired, and have a static spawn location. All you need to do is run up to the characters and interact with them, then select the Hire option from their menu. You only need to hire one character for this challenge to be complete, earning 20,000 XP.
There are other characters that can be hired, but they have multiple rotating spawns, so are not ideal targets for this challenge as it is impossible to know where they will be in any given match.
- Reese – Dirty Docks
- Mancake – Butter Barn to the south of Satly Towers
- Mave – Shipwreck Cove
- Bandolier – the Flushed Building near Slurpy Swamp
- Longshot – east of Misty Meadows
- Fishstick – Coral Castle
After you hire them, the character will accompany you for the rest of the match, or until they die. They will help out in gunfights, harvest resources, and will occasionally throw you helpful items like shields or ammo if they have access to them.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Week 15 Chapter 2 Season 5 challenges below:
- Distance traveled through sand (0/500) – 20000 XP
- Spend 5 seconds within 20 meters of enemies while sand tunneling (0/5) – 20000 XP
- Spend Bars (0/500) – 20000 XP
- Purchase item from a Character (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Upgrade a weapon (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Get Intel from a character (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Hire a character (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Duel characters (5, 10, 15, 20, 25) – 55000 to 22000 XP