Kazuha is a strong five-star Anemo character in Genshin Impact. His elemental bursts and skills make him powerful support for any team composition in the game. As an Anemo sword user, his standard attacks don’t pack a punch, but his talents and abilities do more than pick up the slack. This guide will show all his talents and abilities and how to take full advantage of Kazuha in Genshin Impact.
Kaedehara Kazuha Talents and Abilities in Genshin Impact
Kazuha is a five-star Anemo character who has reappeared after a hiatus with the update 2.8 character banner. He is a sword user but fights with a hint of samurai flair. His regular and charged attack end with him sheathing his sword with style. This is a complete list of every talent, and ability Kazuha possesses.
Garyuu Bladework – Normal Attacks
- Normal Attack
- Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack
- Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack
- Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing area of effect damage upon impact. If this Plunging Attack is triggered by Chihayaburu, it will be converted to Plunging Attack: Midare Ranzan.
Chihayaburu – Elemental Skill
- Press Elemental Skill Button
- Unleashes a secret technique as fierce as the rushing wind that pulls objects and opponents towards Kazuha’s current position before launching opponents within the AoE, dealing Anemo DMG and lifting Kazuha into the air on a rushing gust of wind.
- Within 10 seconds of remaining airborne after casting Chihayaburu, Kazuha can unleash a powerful Plunging Attack known as Midare Ranzan.
- Hold Elemental Skill Button
- Charges up before unleashing greater Anemo damage over a larger area of effect than Press Mode.
- Plunging Attack – Midare Ranzan
- When a Plunging Attack is performed using the effects of the Elemental Skill Chihayaburu, Plunging Attack is converted to Anemo damage. On landing, Kazuha creates a small wind tunnel via a secret blade technique that pulls in nearby objects and opponents. Midare Ranzan’s damage is considered Plunging Attack damage.
Kazuha Slash – Elemental Burst
- The signature technique of Kazuha’s self-styled bladework — a single slash that strikes with the force of the first winds of autumn, dealing area of effect Anemo damage. The blade’s passage will leave behind a field named “Autumn Whirlwind” that periodically deals area of effect Anemo damage to opponents within its range.
- If Autumn Whirlwind comes into contact with Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, or Electro, it will deal additional elemental damage of that type.
- Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use.
First Ascension Passive Talent
- Soumon Swordsmanship
- If Chihayaburu comes into contact with Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, or Electro when cast, Chihayaburu will absorb that element and if Plunging Attack: Midare Ranzan is used before the effect expires, it will deal an additional 200% of the absorbed elemental type as physical damage.
Fourth Ascension Passive Talent
- Poetics of Fuubutsu
- Upon triggering a Swirl reaction, Kaedehara Kazuha will grant all party members a 0.04% elemental damage bonus to the element absorbed by Swirl for every point of Elemental Mastery he has for 8 seconds. Bonuses for different elements obtained through this method can co-exist.
Utility Passive Talent
- Cloud Strider
- Decreases sprinting Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
Kazuha gets a lot of mileage from his elemental burst ability. This Swirl will empower any other characters element by a significant margin, making Kazuha one of the best support damage characters in Genshin Impact.
Kazuha Ascension Materials in Genshin Impact
As a five-star character, his Ascension Materials are tough to find. The beaches of Inazuma are a great spot to hunt for Sea Ganoderma, a rare resource native to that region.
- Ascension 1
- 20,000 Mora
- 1x Vayuda Turquoise Sliver
- 3x Sea Ganoderma
- 3x Treasure Hoarder Insignia
- Ascension 2
- 40,000 Mora
- 3x Vayuda Turquoise Fragment
- 10x Sea Ganoderma
- 15x Treasure Hoarder Insignia
- 2x Marionette Core
- Ascension 3
- 60,000 Mora
- 6x Vayuda Turquoise Fragment
- 20x Sea Ganoderma
- 12x Silver Raven Insignia
- 4x Marionette Core
- Ascension 4
- 80,000 Mora
- 3x Vayuda Turquoise Chunk
- 30x Sea Ganoderma
- 18x Silver Raven Insignia
- 8x Marionette Core
- Ascension 5
- 100,000 Mora
- 6x Vayuda Turquoise Chunk
- 45x Sea Ganoderma
- 12x Golden Raven Insignia
- 12x Marionette Core
- Final Ascension
- 120,000 Mora
- 6x Vayuda Turquoise Gemstone
- 60x Sea Ganoderma
- 24x Golden Raven Insignia
- 20x Marionette Core
The bulk of these items outside the fragments, chunks, and gems can be found in Inazuma. The gems are found by hunting down Anemo bosses and crafting them at souvenir shops.
Best Kazuha Team Composition, Weapon and Artifacts in Genshin Impact
Kazuha is a great secondary damage dealer for any team. His elemental skill can pull in groups of enemies into one spot, making it easy to land harder-to-aim skills other characters may possess. He doesn’t have much in the way of healing or shields. Due to this weakness, pair him with a powerful tank character such as Zhongli for shields and Bennet for damage buffs and healing.
The Viridsescent Venerer Artifact set is a great set for Kazuha, as it provides a 60% boost to his Swirl attack which is the bread and butter of Kazuha’s playstyle. If this set is out of reach, any artifacts with a focus on stacking elemental mastery are a fine substitute, as that stat boosts his overall strength.
Like with other Anemo characters, his weapon doesn’t need to be a five-star blade for him to be effective. As with his Artifacts, finding a good weapon with buffs to elemental mastery is all he needs to be one of the best characters in Genshin Impact.