Despite only launching in 2019, Apex Legends has quickly expanded its character roster from eight to now a whopping 23 Legends. This is due to the game delivering a new Legend with every season that comes along, though they are not always revealed by the season’s start. Apex has continuously been vulnerable to leaks and datamines since its debut, ultimately giving first looks at incoming characters. That said, one recent leak may have already clued players into who may be arriving next in the Apex Games.
Who will be the new Legend in Apex Legends Season 16?
Developer Respawn Entertainment has not officially announced Apex’s next Legend, though proven insider and YouTuber Thordan Smash has claimed that the character next in line is named Ballistic. The arms dealer was supposedly leaked in late December, revealing them being a mid-aged male that can carry a third weapon as well as supply teammates with faster reloading and infinite ammo. However, Thordan Smash has stated it is unclear whether the Legend will debut in Season 16 or 17, meaning the upcoming season may be the first without a new playable character.
All unreleased leaked legends so far
The Apex community has been treated to tons of leaked information in 2022, as a batch of unreleased characters were originally disclosed back in March. In a video published by Reddit user Legitmate_Chapter82, Legends such as Newcastle, Vantage, and Catalyst were unearthed in an apparent developer build for the very first time — but there were several others alongside them. The leak even includes Ballistic (formerly known as Caliber) and their entire moveset. You can find all the leaked Legends so far and their alleged abilties below, sorted in alphabetical order.
- Ballistic – Apex Arms Dealer
- Passive – Weapon Sling: A sling where you can store a third weapon. Access via inventory. The sling weapon cannot take attachments.
- Tactical – Smart Bullet: Shoots a projectile that debuffs the enemy. Enemies guns will start heat up as they shoot. Overheating will cause a reaction and deal damage.
- Ultimate – Weapon Enhancer: When activated, nearby teammates get a buff applied. It gives faster reloads, unarmed move speed, and infinite ammo. Ballistic’s sling weapon will be equipped and upgraded to gold.
- Conduit – Empathic Shielder
- Passive – Capacitance: Conduit regenerates shield over time. Gain extra regen for each nearby ally. Having friendly banners also provides a bonus.
- Tactical – Arc Flash: Heals the shields of targeted allies (at the cost of some of your shields).
- Ultimate – Alternating Current: Launches an arc cluster bomb, damaging the shields of people near the blasts. Heals Conduit’s Shields based on damage dealt.
- Jester – Trick Trapper
- Passive – Rewire: Jester can turn any grenade into a proximity mine that sticks to surfaces. Spawn with a frag grenade.
- Tactical – Spectre Drop: Call in a drop pod with a three spectres to guard an area. Only one set can be active at a time.
- Ultimate – Cloak Field: Create a short-lived cloaking device that hides all players in a small area. Cloak lasts for six seconds after leaving the cloak field.
- Phantom – Agile Assassin
- Passive – Double Jump: Pressing the jump button while in the air allows you to jump again.
- Tactical – Hook Shot: Hook to a wall and hang off it for short time.
- Ultimate – Void Grenade: A grenade that sends players into a void for a short time.
- Scryer – Haunting Stalker
- Passive – Spectator: Automatically Optic-Haunt and spectate your killer.
- Tactical – Optic Haunt: Parasite Trap that reveals the Target’s vision.
- Ultimate – Shadow Wall: Unleash a creeping Wall of Darkness that blocks sight and blinds enemies.
- Uplink – Satellite Savior
- Passive – Network Communion: Gain 25 percent of Recovery Effects used in Signal Range.
- Tactical – Shield Satellite: Release a Satellite that follows allies to regenerate their shields and revive.
- Ultimate – Immortality Relay Beacon: Deployable Satellite beacon that prevents allies in the signal area from being downed.
It is worth noting that these Legends and movesets could possibly be scrapped or changed during their development. For instance, although the leak did correctly predict Catalyst, the Legend’s abilities were slightly altered ahead of her Season 15 debut. Additionally, it is possible Phantom gets renamed to something very familiar. The supposed Legend shares an eerily similar Passive and Ultimate as Fade, a currently exclusive character in Apex Legends Mobile. The video adds even more weight to this, as Phantom’s design in the leaked roster sports the same mask and color palette as the Mobile Legend.