Who won the Root of Nightmares Raid World First Race in Destiny 2?
Who will conquer their nightmares in Destiny 2 first?
The World First race for the Root of Nightmares Raid in Destiny 2 is a heated competition and a time-honored tradition in Destiny 2. The Raid will be enabled in Contest Mode for 48 hours, and any players who complete it before that time will have a chance to earn an exclusive emblem and notable swag from the Bungie story. A handful of teams are also competing for the World First title, and we’ll be live reporting the entire event as the day goes on. Sit back and relax as we cover who is winning the Root of Nightmares Raid World First Race in Destiny 2.
The Root of Nightmares World First Race in Destiny 2
No one has taken the crown, and we’re waiting to get started right now. The competition officially begins at 9 AM PST. Once the timer starts, it’s a race to the finish line, and those who are attempting to earn the Emblem and Root of Nightmares jacket offered by Bungie have until Sunday at 9 AM PST to complete The Root of Nightmares in Contest Mode. You watch a full stream on Twitch Rivals.
Related: Surprise, a secret exotic mission has dropped in Destiny 2
Who is winning the World First Race?
- 4:22 PM ET: It has been confirmed by Bungie that team Hard in the Paint has won, and they take the prize.
- 3:20 PM ET: Bungie is still attempting to confirm who is the winner, and other players are still working on the final encounter against the Root of Nightmare boss.
- 2:45 PM ET: Salt’s team does not look to have cleared the third encounter yet, and another team may have beaten them to the finish.
- 2:38 PM ET: RoenXD seems to have cleared the raid, but we’re waiting for Bungie’s official word
- 2:29: PM ET: Supposedly, a team has finished, but it has not been confirmed
- 2:18 PM ET: It’s neck and neck with All_The_Players and RoenXD are attempting to take down the final boss, leaving Salt and Datto’s team in the third encounter
- 2:15 PM ET: We have time, All_The_Players, who are on the final encounter, and they fighting the final boss
- 2:05 PM ET: The teams are still working on the third puzzle
- 1:43 PM ET: The teams are having a lot of trouble with the third encounter, and this looks like it’s going to block people from completing it. Whoever finds this out will be able to gain the lead.
- 1:33 PM ET: The teams have been finding a wall with the third encounter, but they are steadily pushing through this part of the Raid. Things are starting to look even more heated.
- 1:25 PM ET: Some teams are still working on the second encounter, while others are on the third encounter.
- 1:15 PM ET: More teams are starting to make their way through the second encounter, but Salt’s team has a good lead on them.
- 1:08 PM ET: Saltagreppo’s team, Elysium, is on their way to the third encounter, taking the lead.
- 1:07 PM ET: Datto is working on the second encounter, Elysium is working on the third encounter
- 1:03 PM ET: More players are starting to figure out this encounter, but everyone seems on the same playing field.
- 12:52 PM ET: More players are going into this next encounter, and they’re going through some experimentation.
- 12:40 PM ET: More teams are starting to make their way into the next encounter, following Saltagreppo
- 12:32 PM ET: Salt’s team is continuing to move forward, with several teams still struggling with the first part of Root of Nightmare.
- 12:24 PM ET: It looks like Saltagreppo’s team is the first confirmed team to make it through the start of the raid.
- 12:20 PM ET: A majority of teams are working through the first encounter, and there’s a lot of experimentation. This is where the fun begins!
- 12:15 PM ET: Things are relatively even as we move into the first few minutes of the race. This will be the toughest part as players work together and find their footing in this raid.
- 12 PM ET: And we’re live, the Root of Nightmares raid is ready to go, and players are dropping in to see who can be crowned the champion.
Contest Mode for The Root of Nightmares
While in Contest Mode, all Guardians will be capped at 1780 power. A handful of exotics, armor mods, and exotic pieces have been disabled, and players cannot use them in this competition. If you use them, their effects will not work in The Root of Nightmares Raid, and their power level will be significantly lower than the cap. Use them at your own risk.
The Bungie team will officially announce the winner of The World First race from their Twitter page. Even though some players may have seen an official team make it through a specific time, it’s not over until Bungie has made the official announcement.