Take-Two released a brand new patch for NBA 2K21 on October 7, and this update was, in part, designed to prepare the title for the next few weeks. The patch includes the addition of Halloween-themed additions to 2K Beach, plus preparations for other events that will take place over the next two months. Additionally, several new gameplay changes were made, including one that involves dribble moves. Now, Hall of Fame (purple) Tight Handles badges are required to perform park dribble animations.
- Halloween has come to 2K Beach! Beachgoers will now find Halloween themed decorations throughout the Neighborhood.
- Player likenesses have been improved for more than 60 NBA and WNBA players.
- Welcome to the NBA Finals! Heat vs. Lakers is now the default Quick Play matchup.
- Preparations for new 2K Beach Events coming later in October and November. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!
- Adjustments to make set screen movement more realistic.
- Fixed content holes that led to inconsistent side step pull-up jump shots.
- Changes to Shot Aiming system to prevent modded controller abuse.
- Park dribble moves (still performed with L3/LS) now require Hall of Fame Tight Handles badge to use. Also disabled park dribble moves when calling for screens to prevent conflict with switch screen side function.
- Fixed some issues where MyPLAYER doesn’t win over new fans after certain in-game achievements.
- Fixed a hang that could have happened when exiting MyCOURT after playing a 2v2 or 3v3 game in MyCOURT.
- Preparations for the first $250K MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament GameDay!
- Preparations for the second Season of MyTEAM!
- General improvements to The Exchange.
- Added warning when skipping silver or gold Badge Upgrades for Hall of Fame Badges.
- Addressed an issue when player cards appeared on Ball Drop boards
MyLEAGUE / MyGM
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect logo may appear from downloading other user’s save via the new Save Sharing feature.
- Fixed a hang that was occurring in Play WNBA or NBA Today after being in WNBA Season mode.