The Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr quest series sees you helping the Bozjans overcome Garlean rule. To do that, you’ll need a legendary weapon.
The Resistance weapons are Shadowbringers’ take on a relic weapon, an old standard in Final Fantasy XIV. Like the Eurekan weapons and the Animas before them, this weapon will be upgradable throughout Shadowbringers, ending in a top-tier weapon by the end of the expansion. Over the next few patches, new quests will be released, each with a few more steps to raise the item level and add stats to the weapon.
A grind of a thousand tomestones begins with one step, and this first step is pretty simple.
To start the Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr questline, you need to have completed the Main Scenario Quest called Shadowbringers. You’ll also need to have completed the Return to Ivalice questline, which unlocks the three 24-man Alliance Raids for Stormblood: The Royal City of Rabanastre, The Ridorana Lighthouse, and The Orbonne Monastery.
Hail to the Queen
- In Kugane, pick up the quest from Keiten at X: 12.1, Y:12.3.
- He’ll send you to visit Hancock at the Ruby Bazaar.
- Next, visit the Doman Attendant, just east of the House of the Fierce Aetheryte in Yanxia.
- Go see the Doman Attendant at X: 16.3, Y: 8.5.
- Watch the cutscene, turn in the quest.
Path to the Past
- The next quest is right in front of you. Pick up Path to the Past at X: 16.3, Y: 8.5.
- Teleport to the Doman Enclave and speak to the airship pilot (X: 9, Y: 8.7) for a cutscene.
- Speak with Mikoto at X: 6.3, Y: 6.2.
- The next quest location is the NPC is at X: 6.5, Y: 5.8.
- They’ll send you to Rhalgr’s Reach. Speak with the Ironworks Engineer at X: 11.8 Y: 11.8 for a cutscene.
- Turn in the quest.
The Bozja Incident
- Pick up The Bozja Incident from the Ironworks Engineer in the middle of Rhalgr’s Reach.
- Return to the Doman Enclave and speak with the Airship Attendant again.
- After a cutscene, you’ll be teleported to a new area. Speak with the NPC there and prepare for several cutscenes.
Fire in the Forge
- Pick up the quest from Gerolt (X: 6.3, Y: 5.1) in Gangos.
- Go to Kugane and speak with Rowena (X: 11.2, Y:9.8)
- Return to Gangos and talk to Gerolt again.
Resistance is (Not) Futile
- Pick this quest up from Zlatan (X: 6.1, Y:4.9) in Gangos.
- Purchase 4 Thavnairian Scalepowder from Auriana in Revenant’s Toll or Hismena in Idyllshire. Each scalepowder costs 250 Poetics.
- Return to Zlatan in Gangos and receive your weapon.
Repeating the Resistence Weapon quest
You can repeat the final quest, Resistance is (Not) Futile, for each level 80 battle class you have. Just report to Zlatan in Gangos with 4 Thavnairian Scalepowder on hand, and you’ll get your second—or eleventh—Shadowbringers relic.