Teamfight Tactics - Class Synergy Guide | Cheat Sheet
Classes are essential in Teamfight Tactics and denote the role a Champion takes on in your team. It also helps to know the buffs that classes get if you have a certain number of Champions from that class in your team and the synergy between them. This is hugely important for how you build your team, as it is often better to lean into a certain class, rather than have a team made up of random Champions, even if those Champions are individually quite strong. The class synergy buffs can massively impact how your Champions will perform in the game.
Class Synergy And Buffs Guide | Cheat Sheet
Please note, this is not a Tier List. It is listed in alphabetical order. It is a little too early in the day to talk about a Class Tier List yet, especially as different combinations of Classes will get you different results.
Now, before you rush down the list, there are some essential things you need to know. The Champion Pool in Teamfight Tactics is shared between you and your opponents. There is a limited number of each Champion in the pool, so you might not always be able to get the Champion you want. This can make building late game synergy tricky.
Also, you only get closer to the buff for different champions, not multiples of the same champion. Two Zeds will not count as two Assassins, but a Zed and a Kha'Zix will. Some Champions might have two classes, such as Gangplank, making him suitable for versatile builds. Other can be hugely strong, like Sorcerers, but will need huge commitment and some luck to get all the Champions you need to make it work. You should think carefully about your build, and always be ready to pivot to something else if you need to, as some builds will counter classes quite hard.
- 3 Assassins - 150% crit damage for your Assassins.
- 6 Assassins - 350% crit damage for your Assassins.
Current Assassin Champions: Akali, Evelyn, Katarina, Kha'Zix, Pyke, Rengar, Zed.
- 3 Blademasters - Blademasters have a 35% chance on hit to attack one extra time.
- 6 Blademasters - Blademasters have a 35% chance on hit to attack two extra times.
Current Blademaster Champions: Aatrox, Draven, Fiora, Gangplank, Shen, Yasuo.
- 2 Brawlers - +300 bonus health to Brawlers.
- 4 Brawlers - +700 bonus health to Brawlers.
Current Brawler Champions: Blitzcrank, Cho'gath, Rek'Sai, Volibear, Warwick.
- 3 Elementalists - At the start of combat, summon an Elemental.
Current Elementalist Champions: Anivia, Brand, Kennen, Lisandra.
- 2 Guardians - At the start of combat, any adjacent units get +30 Armor.
Current Guardian Champions: Braum, Leona.
- 2 Gunslingers - 50% chance to attack one additional target in range.
- 4 Gunslingers - 50% chance to attack ALL additional targets in range.
Current Gunslinger Champions: Gangplank, Graves, Lucian, Miss Fortune, Tristana.
- 2 Knights - Block 20 damage from basic attacks.
- 4 Knights - Block 40 damage from basic attacks.
- 6 Knights - Block 80 damage from basic attacks.
Current Knight Champions: Darius, Garen, Kayle, Mordekaiser, Sejuani, Poppy.
- 2 Rangers - Every three seconds, Rangers have a 25% chance to double their attack speed for three seconds.
- 4 Rangers - Every three seconds, Rangers have a 65% chance to double their attack speed for three seconds.
Current Ranger Champions: Ashe, Kindred, Varus, Vayne.
- 3 Shapeshifters - On transformation, gain 100% max Health.
Current Shapeshifter Champions: Elise, Gnar, Nidalee, Shyvana, Swain.
- 3 Sorcerers - Your team has +35 Ability Power.
- 6 Sorcerers - Your team has +100 Ability Power.
Current Sorcerer Champions: Ahri, Aurelion Sol, Karthus, Kassadin, Lulu, Morgana, Veigar.
Patches will add new Champions, potentially add new classes, and might even swap Champions between classes. We will keep this guide up to date with each new patch.