A new season of the Battle League is set to start in Pokémon Go. In Season 4, there are some small tweaks to what rewards players earn during the season, and a handful of moves of changed. Not only that, but there are several themed Battle League cups happening throughout it. These themed leagues may not boost your overall trainer rank, but they provide unique rewards for those willing to participate in them for the limited time they are available.
Season 4 changes and what’s the same
These are the details that won’t be changing in Battle League Season 4.
- There’s no walking requirement to participate in Battle League battles.
- The Friendship level requirement for battling remotely remains to be Good Friends
- The avatar items inspired by Pikachu Libre remain to be rank 7 rewards
- The avatar items inspired by Blue from the Pokémon RPGs remain to be rank 10 rewards
- The win rewards and Pokémon reward encounters remain to be the same from Season 3
- Pidgeot starting at rank 1
- Galarian Zigzagoon starting at rank 4
- Galarian Farfetch’d starting at rank 7
- Rufflet starting at rank 8
- Scraggy starting at rank 9
- Pikachu Libre starting at rank 10
These are the big changes you can expect to see in Season 4.
- You can reach rank 2 by completing a certain number of battles
- You can reach ranks 3 through 9 by winning certain numbers of battles.
- You’ll still need to reach a rating of 3,000 to reach rank 10, similar to past GO Battle League seasons.
- Stardust from rank 1 to rank 3
- Stardust, TMs, and a Raid Pass from rank 4 to rank 10
- There’s a new Avatar pose for trainers who make it to rank 10
- If you finish Season 4 at rank 7 or higher, instead of an Elite Charged TM, you earn an Elite Fast TM
Not too much has changed in Season 4, likely due to the limited capacity trainers have to walk around to earn Battle League battles. These requirements are likely to return following the end of the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdowns happening throughout the world.
Pokémon move changes
Three moves are also being changed around for Season 4. Bug buzz, the Bug-type charged attack move, now can lower a Pokémon’s defenses. Flame charge, the Fire-type charge move, now does less damage, but it raises the attacking Pokémon’s overall attack stat. The last change is for signal beam, the Bug-type charged move, and it now has a chance to lower the defending Pokémon’s attack and defense stats. Those who haven’t been using Pokémon with these attacks before now might be a good time to reconsider those choices and give them a try in the Great League.
Additionally, Vespiquen can now learn to use signal beam as a charge move.
Battle League Season 4 schedule
Season 4 starts on September 14 with the Great League. Here’s how long it lasts, and how long until the other leagues are available.
- Great League: From September 14 to September 28 starting at 1 PM PT. All Pokémon have a 1,500 CP limit.
- Ultra League and Premier Cup: From September 28 to October 12 starting at 1 PM PT. All Pokémon have a 2,500 CP Limit. However, you cannot use legendary or Mythic Pokémon in the Premier Cup.
- Master League and Premier Cup: From October 12 to October 26 starting at 1 PM PT. No Pokémon have any CP limit. However, you cannot use legendary or Mythic Pokémon in the Premier Cup.
- Halloween Cup: The Halloween Cup caps off Season 4 starting on October 26 until November 3 starting at 1 PM PT.
Following the Halloween Cup on November 3, all three leagues and the Premier Cup will be available from November 3 until November 9, starting at 1 PM PT, and Season 5 begins on November 9. The date for Season 5 may change, but this is the set date right now. Trainers will want to make sure they jump into the Halloween Cup at the end of the money. It will be an opportunity for trainers to earn Pokémon with Halloween costumes, and potentially unlock access to Mega Gengar for those complete the Timed Research released alongside.
There’s a lot of happening in Pokémon Go’s Battle League Season 4. Make sure you don’t miss out on your chance to reach rank 10 and receive the numerous rewards for your hard work in each league.