There’s a big cast of characters for you to choose from as you evade and try to escape from a sinister killer in Dead by Daylight. Each one brings with them some advantages and unique playstyles, and this includes their teachable perks. These perks, once they have been unlocked by the character, will be obtainable by other survivors in their respective Bloodwebs to unlock for themselves. Below is a list of all of these perks.
- Ace in the Hole – When retrieving an Item from a Chest, there is a 100% chance that an Add-on of Very Rare Rarity or lower will be attached to it. There is a 10/25/50% chance to find a second Add-on of Uncommon Rarity or lower. Ace in the Hole allows you to keep any Add-ons your Item has equipped upon escaping.
- Open-Handed – Increases Aura-reading ranges by 4/6/8 meters.
- Up in the Ante – For each alive Survivor other than yourself, gain a stackable 1/2/3% Luck bonus awarded to all Survivors up to a maximum of 3/6/9%.
- Autodidact – You start the Trial with a -25% progression penalty for Skill Checks to heal Survivors. For every successful Skill Check completed while healing a Survivor, you receive a Token for a maximum of 3/4/5 Tokens. Each Token grants you a +15% bonus progression for a successful Skill Check while healing Survivors. Great Skill Checks cannot be performed while using Autodidact. Autodidact is not active when using a Med-Kit to heal.
- Deliverance – After performing a Safe Hook Rescue on another Survivor, the Perk activates. You now have a 100% chance to unhook yourself during the escape attempt. A successful Deliverance from the Hook triggers the Broken Status Effect for 100/80/60 seconds.
- Diversion – Standing within the Killer’s Terror Radius while not in a Chase for 45 seconds activates Diversion. Once Diversion is activated, press the Active Ability button while crouched and motionless to throw a pebble, which creates a distraction for the Killer at a distance of 10/15/20 meters. The distraction consists of the following:
- A Loud Noise notification
- Scratch Marks
- Diversion’s timer resets once the ability has been activated.
Ash J. Williams
- Buckle Up – The recovery progress of dying Survivors can be determined by the intensity of their Auras at a distance of up to 48 meters. When you heal a Survivor from the Dying State to Injured, both the healed Survivor and yourself see the Killer’s Aura for a duration of 4/5/6 seconds.
- Flip-Flop – While in the Dying State, 50% of your Recovery progression is converted into wiggle progression when you are picked up by the Killer, up to a maximum of 40/45/50% total wiggle progression.
- Mettle of Man – After you earn three Protection Hit Score Events, Mettle of Man activates. Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State from the Injured State is ignored. The next time you heal back to full health, your Aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are farther than 12/14/16 meters from the Killer. Mettle of Man will deactivate the next time you are put into the Dying State. Increases the odds of being the Obsession. The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
- Blood Pact – When you or the Obsession are injured, you both see each other’s Auras. After healing the Obsession or being healed by the Obsession, you both gain the Haste Status Effect, moving at an increased speed of 5/6/7% until you are no longer within 16 meters of each other. Reduces the odds of being the Obsession. If you are the Obsession, Blood Pact deactivates. The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
- Repressed Alliance – Repressed Alliance activates after repairing Generators for a total of 80/70/60 seconds. When repairing a Generator while Repressed Alliance is active, press the Active Ability button to call upon the Entity to block the Generator for 30 seconds, after which Repressed Alliance deactivates. Affected Generators will be revealed to all Survivors by a white Aura.
- Soul Guard – Gain the Endurance Status Effect for 4/6/8 seconds after being healed or having recovered from the Dying State. During this time, any damage that would put you in the Dying State will instead apply the Deep Wound Status Effect. You have 20 seconds to Mend yourself. If you take any damage while affected by Deep Wound, or if the timer ends, you are immediately put into the Dying State. While affected by the Cursed Status Effect, you can fully recover from the Dying State.
- Botany Knowledge – Healing speed and Healing Item efficiency is increased by 11/22/33%.
- Empathy – Dying or Injured Allies’ Auras are revealed to you when within 64/96/128 meters of range.
- Self-Care – Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit at 50% of the normal Healing speed. Increases the efficiency of Med-Kit self-heal by 10/15/20%.
- Dead Hard – You can take a beating. When Injured, tap into your adrenaline bank and dash forward quickly to avoid damage. Press the Active Ability button while running to dash forward. During the dash, you avoid damage. Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds. Dead Hard cannot be used when Exhausted. You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
- No Mither – You are affected by the Broken Status Effect for the entire Trial.
Your thick blood coagulates practically instantly. You do not leave any Pools of Blood. Grunts of Pain caused by injuries are reduced by 0/25/50% at any time. Grants the ability to fully recover from the Dying State.
- We’re Gonna Live Forever – When healing a dying Survivor, your Healing speed is increased by 100%. Gain a Token for performing any of the following actions: Perform a Safe Hook Rescue. Take a Protection Hit for an injured Survivor. Stun the Killer to rescue a carried Survivor. Blind the Killer to rescue a carried Survivor. Gain a stack-able 25% Bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100%. The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.
- Detective’s Hunch – After a Generator is completed, the Auras of Generators, Chests, and Totems within 32/48/64 meters are revealed to you for 10 seconds.
If you are holding a Map that can track Objectives, Generators revealed by Detective’s Hunch are added to the Map.
- Stake Out – For every 15 seconds you are standing within the Killer’s Terror Radius and are not in a Chase, you gain a Token up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens. When Stake Out has at least one Token, Good Skill Checks are considered Great Skill Checks, consume one Token, and grant an additional Progression bonus of 1%.
- Tenacity – Your ferocious tenacity in dire situations allows you to crawl 30/40/50% faster and recover at the same time.
- Bond – Allies’ Auras are revealed to you when they are within a range of 20/28/36 meters.
- Leader – Increases the other Survivors’ Healing, Sabotage, Unhooking, Cleansing, Exit Gate Opening, and Chest Unlocking speeds by 15/20/25% when they are within a range of 8 meters from you. Survivors can only be affected by one Leader effect at a time. This effect persists on other Survivors for 15 seconds after leaving Leader’s range.
- Prove Thyself – For each Survivor other than you, gain a stackable 15% Repair speed buff awarded to all repairing Survivors within a range of 4 meters up to a maximum of 45 %. Gain 50/75/100% more Bloodpoints for cooperative Actions. Prove Thyself does not stack with other instances of itself.
- Appraisal – Start the Trial with 3 Tokens. When a Chest has already been opened, consume one Token to search it for an Item. Search Chests 40/60/80% faster.
- Deception – Interact with a Locker while holding the Sprint button to trigger a Loud Noise notification for the Killer at your location instead of entering the Locker. You will not leave any Scratch Marks for three seconds. Deception can only be triggered once every 60/50/40 seconds.
- Power Struggle – You’ve never given up and you’re not about to start now.
While being carried by The Killer, reaching 35/30/25% Wiggle progression activates Power Struggle. While Power Struggle is active, you can drop a nearby, standing Pallet to stun The Killer and be released. Power Struggle is deactivated when it triggers successfully.
- Built to Last – Once per Trial, a depleted Item will refill 30/40/50% of its Charges after 10 seconds.
- Desperate Measures – Increases Healing and Unhooking speeds by 10/12/14% for each injured, hooked, or dying Survivor.
- Visionary – You see the Auras of Generators within 32 meters. Anytime a Generator is completed, Visionary is disabled for 20/18/16 seconds.
- Alert – When the Killer breaks a Pallet or Breakable Wall or damages a Generator, their Aura is revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds.
- Lithe – After performing a rushed vault, break into a sprint at 150 % of your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds. Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds. Lithe cannot be used when Exhausted.
You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
- Technician – The Hearing distance of noises caused by your Repairs is reduced by 8 meters. On a failed Repair Skill Check, the following effects happen:
- The Generator Explosion will be prevented.
- The Generator loses Repair progress as usual.
- An additional Regression penalty of 5/4/3 % is applied.
- Calm Spirit – Reduces chances of alerting Crows by 80/90/100%.
- Iron Will – Grunts of Pain caused by injuries are reduced by 50/75/100%.
- Saboteur – Unlocks potential in one’s Aura-reading ability.
See Hook Auras in a radius of 56 meters from the pick-up spot if a Survivor is being carried. Unlocks the ability to sabotage Hooks without a Toolbox. Sabotaging a Hook without a Toolbox takes 2.5 seconds. The Sabotage action has a cool-down of 90/75/60 seconds.
- Head On – While standing in a Locker for 3 seconds, Head On activates.
While Head On is activated, performing a rushed action to leave a Locker stuns the Killer for three seconds if they are standing within range. Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds if the stun was successful. You do not recover from Exhaustion while running. Head On cannot be used when Exhausted or when you have accrued Stillness Crows.
- Poised – After a Generator is completed, you will not leave any Scratch Marks for 6/8/10 seconds.
- Solidarity – While injured, healing a Survivor without using a Med-Kit also heals you at a 40/45/50 % conversion rate.
Jeffrey “Jeff” Johansen
- Aftercare – You see the Aura of every Survivor that:
You rescued from a Hook or who rescued you from one.
You completed a Healing action on or who completed one on you.
This occurs for up to 1/2/3 Survivor(s) and they will also see your Aura.
All effects of Aftercare are reset upon being hooked by the Killer.
- Breakdown – Any time you are unhooked or unhook yourself, the Hook breaks, and the Killer’s Aura is shown to you for 4/5/6 seconds. A Hook broken by Breakdown takes 180 seconds to respawn.
- Distortion – You start the Trial with three Tokens. Whenever the Killer reads your Aura, Distortion activates and a Token is consumed. For the next 6/8/10 seconds while Distortion is activated, your Aura will not be shown to the Killer and you will not leave any Scratch Marks. Distortion does not activate when you are in the Dying State or affected by Killer Traps.
- Boil Over – Your Struggle Effects on the Killer are increased by 25/50/75%.
You obscure the Killer’s ability to the Auras of Hooks that are within a range of 10/12/14 meters.
- Dance With Me – When performing a fast vault or leaving a Locker in a sprint, you will not leave any Scratch Marks for three seconds. Dance With Me has a cool-down of 60/50/40 seconds.
- Windows of Opportunity – Auras of Pallets, Breakable Walls, and Vaults are revealed to you when within a range of 20 meters. Windows of Opportunity has a cool-down of 30/25/20 seconds when vaulting or dropping a Pallet during a Chase.
- Decisive Strike – After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds. While Decisive Strike is active when grabbed by the Killer, succeed in a Skill Check to automatically escape the Killer’s grasp and stun them for 5 seconds. Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike. Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession. Increases the odds of being the Obsession. The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
- Object of Obsession – If you are looking in the Killer’s direction, your link will reveal your Auras to each other. This effect applies only if you are outside of the Killer’s Terror Radius. As the Killer’s Obsession, this effect applies to a maximum range of 56/64/72 meters. Otherwise, it applies to a maximum range of 44/56/64 meters. Increases the odds of being the Obsession. The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
- Sole Survivor – Your Aura cannot be read by the Killer within a maximum range of 20/22/24 meters for each killed or sacrificed Survivor. Increases the odds of being the Obsession. The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
- Adrenaline – Instantly heal one Health State and sprint at 150% of your normal Running speed for 5 seconds when the Exit Gates are powered. Adrenaline is on hold if you are disabled at the moment it triggers and will instead activate upon being freed. If playing against The Nightmare, Adrenaline will wake you from the Dream World upon activation. Adrenaline ignores an existing Exhaustion timer. Adrenaline triggers the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds. You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
- Quick & Quiet – The vault and hide actions’ noise detection and audio range is reduced by 100%. Quick & Quiet can only be triggered once every 30/25/20 seconds.
- Sprint Burst – When starting to run, break into a sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for a maximum of three seconds. Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds. Sprint Burst cannot be used when Exhausted. You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
- Better Together – The Aura of the Generator you are currently repairing is revealed to all other Survivors located within 32 meters. If the Killer downs a Survivor while you are repairing a Generator, you see the Auras of all other Survivors for 8/9/10 seconds.
- Fixated – When you have a goal in mind, there’s no turning back; better to ask forgiveness than permission. You can see your own Scratch Marks at all times and walk 10/15/20% faster when uninjured.
- Inner Strength – Each time you cleanse a Totem, Inner Strength activates.
While Inner Strength is activated, hiding inside a Locker for 10/9/8 seconds when in the Injured State or afflicted by the Deep Wound Status Effect will automatically heal you one Health State. Inner Strength does not activate if you are afflicted by the Broken Status Effect.
- Balanced Landing – Cat-like reflexes reduce your stagger duration from falls by 75% and muffle your grunts from falling by 100%. Upon landing, start sprinting at 150% of your normal running speed for a maximum of three seconds if not exhausted. Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds. Balanced Landing cannot be used when Exhausted. You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
- Streetwise – Reduces Item Consumption rate by 15/20/25% for you and Allies within a range of 8 meters. Once out of range, this effect persists for 15 seconds.
- Urban Evasion – Your Movement speed while crouching is increased by 90/95/100%.
- Pharmacy – Unlocking Chests is 40/60/80% faster and the Hearing distance of noises this causes is reduced by 8 meters. Pharmacy guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit on your first completed Chest Unlock.
- Vigil – You and your Allies within a range of 8 meters recover from Exhaustion, Haemorrhage, Mangled, Hindered, and Blindness Status Effects 10/15/20 % faster. Once out of range, this effect persists for 15 seconds.
- Wake Up! – Once all Generators are powered, Exit Gates are revealed to you when within a range of 128 meters. While opening the Exit Gates, reveal your Aura to other Survivors within a range of 128 meters. While Wake Up! is active, you open Exit Gates 5/10/15% faster.
- Babysitter – When you unhook a Survivor, the rescued Survivor will leave neither Scratch Marks nor Pools of Blood for the next 4/6/8 seconds.
Both you and the Killer see each other’s Aura for four seconds.
- Camaraderie – While you are on the Hook in the Struggle Phase, Camaraderie activates. If another Survivor is within 16 meters of your Hook while Camaraderie is activated, the Struggle Phase timer is paused for 26/30/34 seconds.
- Second Wind – When you have healed other Survivors for the equivalent of one Health State, Second Wind activates. While Second Wind is activated, the next time you are unhooked or unhook yourself, you are affected by the Broken Status Effect. After a total duration of 34/32/30 seconds, Second Wind automatically heals you from Injured to the Healthy State. Second Wind deactivates once you are completely healed or if you are put into the Dying State before Second Wind successfully triggers. You will lose the Broken Status Effect once Second Wind deactivates. Second Wind does not activate if you are already afflicted by the Broken Status Effect.
William “Bill” Overbeck
- Borrowed Time – After unhooking a Survivor within the Killer’s Terror Radius, for 15 seconds, any damage taken that would put the unhooked Survivor into the Dying State will instead apply the Deep Wound Status Effect. The Survivor has 10/15/20 seconds to mend themselves. If the unhooked Survivor takes any damage while affected by Deep Wound or if its timer ends, the unhooked Survivor is immediately put into the Dying State.
- Left Behind – When you are the last Survivor remaining in the Trial, the Aura of the Hatch is revealed to you within a range of 24/28/32 meters.
- Unbreakable – Grants the ability to fully recover from the Dying State once per Trial. Increases the Dying State Recovery speed by 25/30/35%.
- Any Means Necessary – Press and hold the Active Ability button for four seconds while standing beside a dropped Pallet to reset it to its upright position. Any Means Necessary has a cool-down of 100/80/60 seconds.
- Breakout – When within 6 meters of a carried Survivor, you gain the Haste Status Effect, moving at an increased speed of 5/6/7%. The carried Survivor’s wiggle speed is increased by 20%.
- Lucky Break – Lucky Break activates any time you are injured. While Lucky Break is active, you will not leave any Pools of Blood for a total of 120/150/180 seconds. Lucky Break becomes permanently deactivated for the remainder of the Trial once the total duration has elapsed.
- For the People – For the People is only active while at full health. Press the Active Ability button while healing another Survivor without a Med-Kit to instantly heal them from Dying to Injured, or from Injured to Healthy.
You become Injured and receive the Broken Status Effect for 110/100/90 seconds. You become the Obsession. Reduces the odds of being the Obsession. The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
- Off the Record – Once you are unhooked or escape from the Hook, Off the Record activates for 60/70/80 seconds. While Off the Record is active, your Aura will not be shown to the Killer, and Grunts of Pain caused by injuries are reduced by 100%.
- Red Herring – After repairing a Generator for at least three seconds, it will be highlighted to you with a yellow Aura. The Generator stays highlighted until it is fully repairing, or you repair a new Generator, or enter a Locker. Entering any Locker will trigger a Loud Noise notification for the Killer at the highlighted Generator’s location. Red Herring can only be triggered once every 60/50/40 seconds.