Jotunn is an Exotic Fusion Rifle in Destiny 2 with a long history of terrorizing players in PvP. This charge rifle will fire tracking shots that can easily one-shot a Guardian, offering little counterplay if you are caught out in the open.
The Jotunn was previously obtainable by running Black Armory Forges in the game, an activity that has since been moved to the Content Vault with the release of Beyond Light. You can now get the weapon by visiting the Exotic Archive in the Tower. This houses all the weapons that have effectively been lost through content vaulting, giving people a way to still get them.
To get the Jotunn, you will need the following resources:
- 1 Exotic Cipher
- 125,000 Glimmer
- 200 Micophasic Datalattice
- 1 Ascendant Shard
These are difficult to get, and each weapon from the Archive needs one in order to obtain it. You can only obtain them from the Season Pass, or by completing a weekly mission for Xur. You can also only hold one at a time, putting a lot of pressure on you to get the other resources you need if there are lots of guns you want to get over the course of the season.
This is the planetary resource that you can get from Nessus. If you equip the right mods on your Ghost Shell you will be able to find chests and resource nodes quickly and easily, making farming it up pretty easy to do.
Another difficult to get resource, you can find a full guide on how to get them here. To give you a brief overview, you will need to get them from the following sources:
- You can buy them from Banshee-44 in the Tower
- Via the later stages of the Season pass
- Nightfall: The Ordeal at Master difficulty or higher
Jotunn Primary Stats
- Charge Time: 820
- Impact: 95
- Range: 52
- Stability: 31
- Reload Speed: 31
- Handling: 33
- Magazine: 5
Jotunn Hidden Stats
- Zoom: 15
- Inventory Size: 26
- Aim Assistance: 67
- Recoil Direction: 77
Jotunn Weapon Perks And What They Do
- Charge Shot: Hold to charge up a tracking shot that explodes and burns on impact.
- Volatile Launch: This weapon is optimized for an especially explosive payload. • Significantly increases blast radius • Slightly decreases handling speed • Slightly decreases projectile speed
- Liquid Coils: Slower-building charge for higher damage. • Increases impact damage • Slower charge time
- Shield Disorient: Energy matched shield explosion disorients nearby combatants.
- Polymer Grip: This weapon’s grip is made of lighter material. • Increases handling speed
- Tracker Disabled: No tracker is displayed on this weapon.
- Kill Tracker: This weapon tracks the number of enemies you defeated with it.
- Crucible Tracker: This weapon tracks the number of Crucible opponents you defeated with it.