A shadow falls across the moon in Destiny 2, Shadowkeep is looming at us. Unfortunately, a shadow also falls across the servers. They will be going offline to prepare for the launch of Shadowkeep, Destiny 2: New Light, and the move from the Blizzard App to Steam.
Destiny 2 Maintenance For Shadowkeep – Start And End Times
Destiny’s maintenance starts on Sept. 30, at 9:45am PDT, 15:45 UTC. According to the Bungie website, you can expect the following:
- Destiny 1 and 2 will be brought offline to undergo maintenance to prepare for Update 220.127.116.11.
- Players will be unable to log in until October 1, 2019, at 10 AM PDT when Update 18.104.22.168 becomes available.
- Maintenance is expected to conclude at 12:00PM PDT (2100 UTC) on October 1.
- Sign in, and some of the Bungie.net and Destiny Companion features will be unavailable on Web, Mobile, and Third-Party Apps during maintenance.
The maintenance will stop affecting front end sign-on servers on Oct. 1 at 10am PDT, 17:00 UTC. While users should be able to sign-on from this time, they may experience sign-on issues due to continued background maintenance.
- Destiny 1 and 2 services are back online, and Destiny 2 Update 22.214.171.124 has begun rolling out across all platforms and regions.
- Users may experience sign-on issues as background maintenance is still ongoing.
- Bungie.net and Destiny Companion features have re-enabled on Web, Mobile, and Third-Party Apps.
Maintenance, including background, will be finished by 12:00 PDT, 19:00 UTC. At this point, you can reasonably expect to be able to sign into the game servers without any issues.
- Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance is expected to complete.
- Console players who encounter issues updating to Update 126.96.36.199 should reset their console and relaunch Destiny 2.
- Players who encounter issues should report them to the #Help forum.
If everything goes according to plan, there should not be any additional need to extend the maintenance time. You should note, especially PC players, additional issues might arise as the game migrates to a new platform. There may also be long queue times to get into the game due to the launch of Shadowkeep.