The Season of Dawn in Destiny 2 begins on Dec. 10 and will run until early March next year. The new Season will focus on Mercury, and our attempts to help Osiris bring back his old friend, Saint-14. Bungie has released the Season of Dawn Roadmap, so we can have a proper look at what is coming our way in the next Season.
Arriving with the new Season Pass will be the following:
- Instantly unlock the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
- Play the new 6-player activity: The Sundial
- Exotic Quests, Seasonal Armor Sets, and Ornaments
- New Triumphs, Bounties, and Seasonal Lore Books
- Exotic Emote, Ghost, Ornament, and Finisher
- Additional Season Pass rewards to unlock
While all players will have access to the following:
- Free Seasonal Rank Rewards
- Seasonal Artifact: The Lantern of Osiris
- Help Osiris fix the timeline by restoring Obelisks on four destinations
- Unlock the Seasonal Armor Set: Righteous
- Progress through Season ranks to earn the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
The Sundial mode will be available on Dec. 10 as we take on Niruul, The Hollow Voice. That is also when we will first get our hands on the new Lantern of Osiris Artifact, giving us access to Seasonal Mods and Power boosts. There will also be a Solar subclass upgrade, the Rusted Lands PvP map will return, and Elimination will join the rotation in the Crucible.
Dec. 17 will see Nessus and EDZ Obelisks arrive in the game, Ozletc, The Sky Piercer will be our Sundial boss, and we will begin our efforts to save Saint-14. The Dawning will also take place from Dec. 17 until Jan. 14, bringing some festive fun to the game. Iron Banner returns on Dec. 24 and our Sundial boss will be Tazaroc, The Sun Eater.
Jan. 7 will see Legend Sundial arrive, and the Devil’s Ruin Exotic Quest will be available. Jan. 28 will see another Exotic quest become available, this time for the Bastion. Feb. 4 will see Empyrean Foundation arrive in the game, although little is known about what this might be. And finally, the Season will finish up with Crimson Days, running from Feb. 11 to Feb. 18.