Forza Horizon 5’s ninth series is here. While there are still a few weeks to go before the big Hot Wheels DLC arrives on July 19, the latest update adds half a dozen Hot Wheels models as an appetizer. Additionally, there are some other important additions and fixes to the base game.
As detailed on the Forza blog, Hot Wheels’ 2JetZ, Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S, Dodge Coronet Super Bee, and Nash Metropolitan Custom have been added as part of the Series 9 festival playlist. The Rip Rod and Ford F-5 Dually Custom Hot Rod are part of the new Wheelspin Rewards. Those six cars come alongside a smattering of Hot Wheels clothing and car horns.
As for real-world vehicles, the Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S Spider now have free-roaming convertible capabilities, letting you retract the roof as you drive around. You’ll be able to do that with a buddy now, thanks to co-op finally being added to the game’s story mode. Additionally, PC players can get a smoother experience thanks to temporal antialiasing.
There’s a hefty list of patch notes that come with Series 9, and you can find the full rundown below. A number of issues with cars, online play, and EventLab have been remedied alongside the new content.
Forza Horizon 5 Series 9 Patch Notes
- Xbox One: 2.474.760.0
- Xbox Series: 3.474.760.0
- PC: 3.474.760.1
- Steam: 1.474.341.0
- Added new localization languages
- Added Subtitles for Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, European Portuguese
- Added Voice Over for European Spanish, Italian, Korean
- Added new Forza EV Rivals event
- Added Horizon Story Co-op
- Added TAA option when playing on PC
- Various stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue where hood and bumper cam was too dark during dusk and night time of days
- In Series 9, the Accolade “It Just Works” now unlocks as intended once players have completed the Car Mastery skill tree on the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. Players who already fulfilled this requirement prior to this update will need to select and drive the car to successfully unlock the Accolade.
- All players will now see their Creative Hub rank increase as intended.
- Fixed exploit when using Photo Mode
- Fixed exploit with gifted cars
- Fixed issue where players could lose Daily Challenge progress
- Fixed rare issue where players matchmaking for Co-op Seasonal Championship can result in a player entering the wrong event
- Fixed issue which could end up in wrong car class in an online race
- Fixed issue which could cause Horizon Arcade events to not spawn
- Fixed issue where players in a convoy could end up not seeing all other members of the convoy
- Added a duplicate car filter to Car Select screen filters
- Added Freeroam convertible functionality to Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S Spider
- Updated Volvo’s logo
- Fixed idle RPM on the 93 Nissan 240SX SE
- Removed Forza Aero Splitter from the Maserati MC12
- Fixed 97 Lamborghini Diablo engine audio when at high RPM
- Fixed issue with Audi RS4 Avant and 2011 RS5 interior cockpit dash
- Fixed misaligned backfires on the Mercedes C63 AMG when using the Liberty Walk body kit
- Added Car Horns from Series 6 and 7 to EventLab
- Added Orbit Cam option
- Added stepped rotation
- Added new camera speed options
- Fixed an issue where players entering EventLab events with a full convoy could get disconnected
- Fixed an issue where the stadium floor wouldn’t load when starting an event nearby
- Fixed an issue where props could remain in Freeroam
- Fixed Rule Importing only showing events with Custom Routes
- Fixed an issue with one of the flood lights which would appear invisible when placed