With the inclusion of both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 games, the PlayStation Store certainly has enough titles to last you years. But, of course, you’ll need some cold hard cash to get your collection started. Adding funds is actually quite easy on the device, and even more effortless if you have PayPal.
Where to add funds
- Go to the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the main menu. It stands in the middle of the Search and Profile icons.
- Scroll down to the fourth option, “Users and Accounts.”
- In the Accounts tab, head to “Payments and Subscriptions.”
- Click on “Add Funds” at the bottom of the list. There will be a prompt for you to then enter your credit/debit card information.
- After that is done, head back into the “Add Funds” section, click on your payment method, and you will now be able to add to your PSN wallet!
As PlayStation has had its share of issues accepting certain credit cards in the past, some may find it easier to add funds through their PayPal account. This can also be done through the “Payment and Subscriptions” tab.
By adding funds, you have the choice to add the following amounts: $5, $10, $25, $50, or $60. Unfortunately, you cannot add the now-standard game price of $70, so you’ll need to add funds more than once.
If you want to pay the exact amount of a game, just add it to your card and then proceed to checkout. If you’re nervous about making accidental purchases with funds added, you can also require a password at checkout in the “Purchase” settings.