Pokemon Sword and Shield gives you the option to play with your friends, or to Battle each other to see who is the greatest Trainer. To do so, you will need to have access to the Y-Comm. This will open up for you after you get to Route 2. The Y-Comm will give you the ability to play with friends, battle them, and trade Pokemon with them aswell.
How To Play With, And Battle, Your Friends In Pokemon Sword and Shield
If you can, please SUBSCRIBE. It would mean the world to me: https://www.youtube.com/user/Adamizuki?sub_confirmation=1 You can also check out video game guides for all your favorite games at our websites https://dotesports.com/ https://www.gamepur.com/
To battle your friends in Sword and Shield, follow the below steps:
- Hold the Y button to open the Y-Comm menu.
- If you wish to play with a friend online, hit the + Button to connect to the internet. If you want to play locally, then select Link Battle.
Make sure you set up a Link Code before you start playing, or else your session will be public, and other people can join. A Link Code is a four-digit code that up to four players can use to connect. Y-Comm also works directly off your Switch friend’s list, so your friend who plays Sword and Shield will automatically populate Stamps and Y-Comm alerts for you in-game.
After you enter the code, just hit “Search for players,” and you will be automatically connected to friends using the same code.
There are three different types of Battles you can take part in:
- Single Battle – two-player battle where each player sends one Pokemon into battle.
- Double Battle – two-player battle where each player sends two Pokemon into battle.
- Multi Battle – a four-player battle, with two players on each side. Each player sends one Pokemon into battle at a time.
And that’s it, everything you need to know to start Battling your friends in Pokemon Sword and Shield.