When you arrive on Ginger Island in Stardew Valley, there are plenty of things you’ll have to acquire that you can add to your farm. You’ll find new crops like pineapples, mangos, and bananas, along with livestock to add to your fields. While exploring the island, you’ll likely encounter Birdie, an old woman fishing by the island’s coast, on the west side.
Before making it to this portion of the island, you’ll need to provide a parrot guarding this section with 10 golden walnuts. The best way to find these walnuts is to grind your way through the volcano, destroying the many metal cases and monster spawns inhabiting the various levels of the dungeon. There are only 10 levels inside of the volcano, but it won’t take you long. Once you reach the west side of the island, speak to the old woman, and she’ll tell you about her husband, who had once been a pirate. He shipwrecked years ago, and she scoured the sea finding several sections of his broken ship, bringing it back to the island. But there are other keepsakes she’s looking for.
To complete this quest, you’ll have to do a great deal of trading amongst the other villagers in Stardew Valley. Return to the town, and make sure you have the item War Memento on you. Birdie gives it to you. Here is the order you’ll need to speak to people in town, and what items they give you.
- Visit Kent to give him the War Memento, and you receive Gourmet Tomato Salt
- Visit Gus to give him Gourmet Tomato Salt, and he gives a Stardew Valley Rose
- Visit Sandy to give her the Stardew Valley Rose, and she gives you an Advanced TV Remote
- Visit George to give him the Advanced TV Remote, and he gives you the Artic Shard
- Visit the Wizard to give him the Artic Shard, and he gives you a Wiggling Worm
- Visit Willy to give him the Wiggling Worm, and he gives you a Pirate’s Locket
Once you have the Pirate’s Locket item in your inventory, return to Ginger Island and speak to Birdie. There will be a cutscene that follows. After it finishes, Birdie teaches you the Fairy Dust recipe, and you receive five golden walnuts.