Public teams are a feature in Fallout 76, where you can reach out to other players on your current server to do activities with them. Everyone in the group will receive additional benefits for doing so. You want to visit your menu’s social page to see who is actively looking for any available team members to join them or to create a team to run yourself to do a specific activity.
You can reach your social page by going to the map of your Fallout 76 game and clicking the social button, which you can see at the top right of this screen. Click on it, and then go to the symbol with the two circles intertwining together. You will have the option to create a public team of your own or see if there are any available Public Teams you can join. A Public Team can have up to four members in them.
When creating a team, you can choose to set the team’s primary goal to Hunting, Roleplay, Events, Exploration, Building, or Casual. Each of these categories come with a specific buff available to everyone in the party.
- Hunting – Bonus: +25 percent XP for Legendary Kills (100 percent for a fully bonded team)
- Roleplay – Bonus: +1 Charisma (+4 for a fully bonded team)
- Events – Bonus: +25 percent XP for completing Events (100 percent for a fully bonded team)
- Exploration – Bonus: +1 Endurance (+4 for a fully bonded team)
- Building – Bonus: +1 Intelligence (+4 for a fully bonded team)
- Casual – Bonus: +1 Luck (+4 for a fully bonded team)
The higher bond you have with your team members, the more benefits everyone receives by completing activities together in Fallout 76. You can change the goal by returning to the social menu, where you first created the team to modify your goals. You can also use this menu to kick players from your Public Team or send direct invites to friends playing the game.