The Not Forgotten is an extremely rare Hand Cannon in Destiny 2. This is because to obtain it, you need to take on the best of the best in PvP. First, you need to get a weapon called the Luna’s Howl, and only then will you be able to grind for the Not Forgotten.
How to get the Luna’s Howl
To get Luna’s Howl, you need to visit Shaxx in the tower and collect the Shock and Denial quest, then complete the following steps:
- Finish 10 matches in the Competitive playlist. You don’t have to win, losses still count.
- Get 150 Hand Cannon kills in Competitive matches.
- Get 200 Solar kills in competitive matches. These don’t have to be Hand Cannon kills.
- Complete 3 Rumble matches. Once again, you don’t have to win.
- Reach the rank of Fabled in the Glory (Competitive) playlist.
When all that is complete, you can return to Shaxx and collect the Luna’s Howl. Now you can get to work on the next part of the process, getting the Not Forgotten.
How to get the Not Forgotten
Once again, you need to visit Shaxx and pick up the new quest that he will have for you, then complete the following steps:
- Kill 500 Guardians with Luna’s Howl in the Competitive playlist.
- Reach the rank of Legend in the Competitive playlist.
The difference between Luna’s Howl and Not Forgotten comes down to some small, but interesting factors. Luna’s Howl has better stability, but Not Forgotten has better range. Not Forgotten’s Magnificent Howl perk will also give you increased damage when you score two headshots on a target, regardless of where the next shot lands.
Getting either weapon is all about embracing some grind, and how solid your aim is in PvP. The real sticking point with be the Fabled and Legend rank that you need to get, and that is where most people will run into trouble. You will either be good enough to get them, or you won’t. If not, find a solid Fireteam and ask them politely you to carry you to glory.