When grouped with other players in Fallout 76 through the Public Teams feature, you and your teammates will steadily build a bond together. It’s the blue bar that you see passively going up alongside all of your names on the left-side portion of your screen where you can see their names. By having a higher bond level, everyone in the Public Team benefits from more substantial passive buffs based on the team’s activity.
The bond meter passively goes up the more time you spend while in a group with your teammates and hanging around one another. You can receive the maximum benefits by being in a fully bonded Public Team by filling all four of the available party member slots and filling each of their bonds. Each of the different focuses your Public Team can have on gives you and your team a different passive buff.
- Hunting – Bonus: +25 percent XP for Legendary Kills (100 percent for a fully bonded team)
- Roleplay – Bonus: +1 Charisma (+4 for a fully bonded team)
- Events – Bonus: +25 percent XP for completing Events (100 percent for a fully bonded team)
- Exploration – Bonus: +1 Endurance (+4 for a fully bonded team)
- Building – Bonus: +1 Intelligence (+4 for a fully bonded team)
- Casual – Bonus: +1 Luck (+4 for a fully bonded team)
You and your Public Team can only have one of these focuses active at a time. You can switch between to give yourselves the best results when switching between available activities. It should not take you and your teammates too much time to acquire a maximum bond. The process should take less than ten minutes while in a group playing the game together.