Starting today, a brand new Water Festival is happening in Pokemon Go right now. The Water Festival comes with a focus for the Water-type Pokemon in the game, giving trainers the chance to capture more of these aquatic creatures. We’re going to list out all of the increased spawns coming to the Festival, along with the list of the Field Research tasks players have the chance to complete during the event. Finishing a task rewards players with an in-game item, or the spawn of a particular Pokemon.
The Pokemon GO Water Festival starts today, Aug. 23, and ends on Aug. 30, at 4 pm EST.
Pokemon GO Water Festival
Pokemon Getting an Increased Spawn
These are the Water-type Pokemon who are going to have an increased spawn for the next week.
There are new shiny Pokemon releasing for the event, Carvanha and Barboach, with their respective evolved forms, Sharpedo and Whiscash.
We have their image below, which was shared by Reddit user u/rapcoz2134.
Field Research Tasks and Rewards
There are eight Field Research tasks players can complete during the event. All of these focus around the Water-type Pokemon. When attempting to complete one of these quests, you want the make sure the Field Research tabs says “Water Festival,” at the front. If it does not, you’re doing a standard Field Research, and you’re not going to receive the respective reward. As long as it says, “Water Festival,” you should be fine.
Here is the list of the eight Water Festival Field Research tasks trainers have the chance to complete before Aug. 30.
- Water Festival: Catch five Water-Type Pokemon – Have an encounter with a Krabby
- Water Festival: Catch 10 Water-type Pokemon – Receive 1,000 stardust
- Water Festival: Defeat a team GO Rocket Grunt – Have an encounter with a Carvanha
- Water Festival: Earn a candy walking with your buddy – Have an encounter with a Barboach
- Water Festival: Evolve 3 Carvanha or Barboach – Have an encounter with a Clamperl
- Water Festival: Hatch five eggs – Have an encounter with a Blastoise
- Water Festival: Take five Snapshots of Water-type Pokemon – Have an encounter with a Seel
- Water Festival: Win two raids – Have an encounter with an Azumarill
Most of the tasks are relatively straightforward for this event. Catching the Water-type Pokemon requires trainers to encounter them during the event, and visit PokeStops to grab new PokeBalls to use. While visiting the PokeStops, players have a chance to meet a Pokemon GO Rocket Grunt, which completes that task.
All trainers should make sure they have a buddy attached to them, to earn candies for their favorite Pokemon and to finish up that Field Research task.
The most difficult tasks are the hatching five eggs and winning two raids. Those are going to prove the most time-consuming of the event, but they come with some excellent rewards, making the tasks exceptionally useful to complete.