Remnant: From The Ashes is getting a new patch today, bring a host of changes, quality of life updates, and a whole new game mode to the mix. Adventure mode allows you to re-roll the game’s zones for one-time expeditions that do not affect your main game. You can farm for the items you want without losing progress in your main map. Read on for the full patch notes.
Build Number: 215646 Patch Notes
- Added Adventure Mode!
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Introducing Adventure Mode – A new game mode that allows players to re-roll individual worlds. You and your party can embark on an adventure through dynamically generated Earth, Rhom, and Yaesha, beginning at a single World Stone and ending once you’ve defeated their World Boss. Dungeon locations, points of interest, enemy spawns, and more may be different than what you’ve come to expect from the main campaign. Activated from the World Stone in Ward 13, simply choose “World Settings” and select the “Adventure Mode” option to pick the world you would like to roll. This will not replace your campaign progress and can be re-rolled freely without affecting your story. Any items found or traits gained along the way will be kept by your character. More content, including Corsus, will be added in the future!
- Dozens of system optimizations and stability fixes
- Lots of art tweaks, lighting passes, collision fixes
DEVELOPER COMMENT: While this is the smallest section, it received the most amount of focus. We are always working on additional optimization and stability measures. For this update, we’ve done numerous passes on each area covering memory footprint, stability, lighting, collision, and a host of other fixes to help smooth out the gameplay experience.
- Fixed an issue with the Repulsor Banish description damage modifier showing the wrong info
- Adjusted interactive volumes on doors to prevent characters warping to the other side
- Players can no longer fight Ravager if they’ve already solved the Bell Puzzle
- Fixed a problem preventing status updates from showing on the Advanced Stats tab
- Minions can no longer trigger melee effects
- Blink Token can no longer avoid scripted “instakill” damage
- Fixed a soft lock if certain mods were used at the end of a melee attack
- “Untouchable” achievement is now unlockable in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue preventing simplified Chinese from showing up properly
- Told Ace she REALLY needs to stick around in Ward 13 (hopefully she listens this time)
- Empty weapons should begin auto reloading after using a Mod
- Switching weapons right before activating a mod will no longer activate the new weapon mod
DEVELOPER COMMENT: In addition to optimizations, many smaller bugs have been addressed.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Stamina no longer depletes when navigating through Ward 13
- Changed DELETE CHARACTER button to a HOLD
- Added additional analog dead-zone settings for Gamepad (can be set all the way to 0)
- Reduced the time it takes for input to become active and to deactivate
- Added inverse X option for aiming
- Added a VOIP volume setting for PC
- Added ability to disable subtitles in audio menu
- Additional matchmaking optimizations
- Dragon Hearts can be used at full health (for use with Elder set)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Two of the biggest requests have been to make it harder to delete your character and giving more control over the controller dead-zone. We’ve addressed both and are working down the (huge) list of additional QOL features! A few additional fixes snuck into this update and we look forward to addressing more and more requests over time.
- General: Reduced Nightmare Mode enemy health scaling from 300% to 250%
- Wasteland Contaminator: Properly flagged as “elite” to allow Lumenite drops
- Nightmare: Fix to allow clearing array for selecting players if a player is knocked down
- Nightmare: Reduced Nightmare Boss base health from 2 million to 1.5 million
- Nightmare: Adjusted damage modifier in Nightmare Mode based on amount of players
DEVELOPER COMMENT: General feedback has been that Nightmare Mode is a bit bullet spongey. We reduced the total amount of HP boost to help with this, but we know that with updated armors it will be less of an issue. We are working hard to update values across the board which work with new armors and item updates while still maintaining the challenge. Look for this to be worked on over the next few updates as we lay the groundwork for even harder difficulties (with rewards!).
- Hunting Rifle: Increased magazine size from 9 to 10
- Hunting Rifle: Increased total capacity from 45 to 50
- Hunting Rifle: Increased base crit chance from 5% to 10%
- Hunting Rifle: Added 5% weakspot bonus
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Hunting Rifle is in a good spot, but we wanted to give it just a little bit more love and home in closer to its intended identity.
- Hunting Pistol: Increased base crit chance from 10% to 15%
- Hunting Pistol: Added minimum crit range 5m
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Hunting Pistol is meant to be a very strong mid to long-range option, so we increased its critical chance while limiting the minimum crit range to 5m or farther. This allows even bigger hits at range and allows accuracy up close without becoming a single shot “shotgun”.
- Revolver: Increased impact scalar by 10%
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The identity of the Revolver is massive staggering hits. It now has a bit more kick, but we are also monitoring the damage output and overall effectiveness of the weapon.
- Sniper Rifle: Base crit increased from 10% to 20%
- Sniper Rifle: Increased ammo reserves from 25 to 27
- Sniper Rifle: Increased reload speed by 10%
- Sniper Rifle: Increased unscoped Sway by from 0.5 to 0.75
- Sniper Rifle: Reduced unscoped Sway delay by 90%
- Sniper Rifle: Reduced unscoped Sway blend-in time from 2.0 to 0.75
- Sniper Rifle: Drastically reduced scoped Sway
- Sniper Rifle: Decreased initial unscoped reticle size by 50%
- Sniper Rifle: Increased minimum unscoped reticle size from 1.0 to 1.5
- Sniper Rifle: Increased minimum unscoped reticle size while moving from 1.5 to 1.75
- Sniper Rifle: Increased post-firing unscoped reticle decay speed
- Sniper Rifle: Added minimum crit range of 12.5m
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Sniper Rifle has also gone through many changes. We want to home in on the longer range and reduce the effectiveness up close. Pre-release we had a very inaccurate non-scoped reticle, but we knew it didn’t feel right, so we tightened it up. However, much like other long-range guns, it became another close-range shotgun which prevented us from buffing any of the stats without drastically reducing close range accuracy. We’ve made tons of buffs to the long-range functionality and doubled the crit chance while limiting the close-range effectiveness.
- Chicago Typewriter: Increased damage from 10 to 11
- Chicago Typewriter: Reduced initial reticle size
- Chicago Typewriter: Increased the per-shot reticle increment (shrinks faster)
- Chicago Typewriter: Reduced the minimum reticle size (gets more accurate)
- Chicago Typewriter: Reduced the decay speed (shrinks slower when not shooting but still in AIM)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: All around buffs for the classiest of weapons. With the recent Assault Rifle buffs to accuracy / handling, the Typewriter was left behind. We’ve upped the damage, handling, and overall effectiveness to ensure its rightful place in your arsenal.
- Particle Accelerator: Increased base crit chance from 10% to 15%
- Particle Accelerator: Increased damage from 75 to 80
- Particle Accelerator: Increased fire rate from 1.4 to 1.45
- Particle Accelerator: Reduced post-shot decay delay from 1.4 to 1.3
- Particle Accelerator: Increased post-shot decay speed from 1.15 to 1.2
- Particle Accelerator: Reduced initial reticle size by 40%
- Particle Accelerator: Drastically reduced scoped Sway
- Particle Accelerator: Added minimum crit range of 7.5m
- Particle Accelerator Alt-Fire (Gravity Core): Now sucks more (many enemies can no longer run out of it)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Along with the Sniper Rifle buffs; we didn’t forget about the Particle Accelerator. It received many similar changes making it very effective at mid to long range. Additionally, we increased the suck-factor of the Gravity Core to reduce the chances of more agile enemies escaping.
- Devastator: Reduced initial spread to better match reticle
- Devastator: Decreased post-shot delay time before auto-reloading by 50%
- Devastator: Base crit chance increased from 5% to 10%
- Devastator: No longer has 5x chance to proc Bandit Armor on a single target
- Devastator: Each unique target hit has a chance to proc Bandit Armor
- Devastator: Added minimum crit range of 5m
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We talked about the Devastator / Bandit interaction in a previous update and we finally addressed it. Instead of removing the infinite-shot scenario completely, we changed it to require multiple targets, so it isn’t the go-to boss weapon, but the multi-proc gameplay still exists. We also gave the Devastator a few buffs on handling and mid-range effectiveness.
- Defiler: Increased ideal range from 10m to 12.5m
- Defiler: Reduced reticle size from 2.0 to 1.5
- Defiler Alt-Fire (Radioactive Volley): Power Requirement reduced from 350 to 300
DEVELOPER COMMENT: While having one of the most potent alt-fires in the game, the primary fire of the Defiler still fell behind many other sidearms. We’ve tightened up the spread and increased the effective range while also making the alt-fire power up slightly quicker.
- Eye of the Storm: Increased base crit chance from 5% to 10%
- Eye of the Storm: Added 5% weakspot bonus
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Since its little brother (the Hunting Rifle) got some love, we couldn’t leave Eye of the Storm out in the cold. A couple small damage increases to go along with the buffs from last update.
- Hive Cannon: Added 20 impact damage to projectile (which benefits from weakspot modifiers)
- Hive Cannon: Increased primary shot projectile size from 2 to 5 (better matches the VFX)
- Hive Cannon: Fixed description showing actual AOE range of primary fire
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Hive Cannon couldn’t hit weakspots with its initial blast, so we fixed it! We also updated the size of the primary fire projectile. It should be much easier to hit targets!
- Curse of the Jungle God Alt-Fire (Tentacle Shot): Added lifeleech on Tentacle hits
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Since we removed the interaction of minions and leech ember (and minions interacting with specific rings in general), we decided to make the Tentacle lifeleech an actual intended mechanic. We added an innate lifeleech to tentacle strikes in a more official capacity.
- Sporebloom: Increased damage from 160 to 200
- Sporebloom: Increased pellet count from 7 to 12 (less dmg loss on a single pellet miss)
- Sporebloom: Increased reticle size for better spread coverage
- Sporebloom: Increased ideal range from 800 to 1000
- Sporebloom: Reduced reload speed
- Sporebloom: Spore Shot projectile damage increased from 50 to 100
DEVELOPER COMMENT: This is my bloomstick.
- Worldbreaker: AOE Blast now affects breakable objects
DEVELOPER COMMENT: It made no sense that the “Worldbreaker” couldn’t break world objects. This was a drastic oversight and we are all ashamed. Now we are not!
- Ring of the Admiral (NEW): 300% bonus incoming damage, +15% Ranged & Melee damage
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Added a new ring for those that like to make things more challenging. While this is a best-in-slot ring for damage, it’s also a worst-in-slot (by a longshot) for defense. It’s a great choice for making Normal and Hard “faster” experiences because you chew through enemies, but it’s also solid in Nightmare because most things already one-shot you! Give it a try!
The Ring of the Admiral can be purchased at Reggie for 2 (TWO!) scrap at the start of the game.
- Cleansing Jewel: When used with Elder Armor, cleansing applies to all allies
- Ring of Evasion: Added +1 iFrame (+4 total) & 10% Evade Speed
- Leech Ember: Slightly reduced Leech amount
- Soul Anchor: Added +5% dmg per summon (wearer)
- Soul Anchor: Duration from 40% to 50%
- Soul Anchor: Removed additional charge bonus
DEVELOPER COMMENT: These trinket changes were to help support the armor rework. We have many additional item updates coming soon!
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We’ve been listening to the community regarding the desire for more build variety at all levels of play. We wanted to bring up all armors instead of reducing the effectiveness of the current “best” (Radiant!). This is our initial pass to help separate each armor and give them unique playstyles while also encouraging mix and matching. Each armor set now has an additional 1-piece flat bonus that does not scale. Armor Values have also been increased. We will be actively monitoring the builds and tune numbers up or down in the next update to bring them even closer together.
- Adventure (Bonus): Increases the amount of scrap picked up by 10%
- Adventure: Total Armor value increased from 10 to 20
- Hunter (Sharpshooter): Reduced range requirement from 15m to 10m
- Hunter (Bonus): Weakspot damage is increased by 15%
- Hunter: Total Armor value increased from 19 to 35
- Ex-Cultist (Bonus): Mod Power is slowly generated over time
- Ex-Cultist: Total Armor value increased from 20 to 36
- Scrapper (Bonus): All stagger damage within Challenger range is increased by 20%
- Scrapper: Total Armor value increased from 36 to 60
- Bandit (Bonus): Ammo acquired on pick-up is increased by 25%
- Bandit: Total Armor value increased from 11 to 28
- Elder (Believer): Dragonhearts increases ally damage by 20% for 10 seconds (includes Minions)
- Elder (Bonus): Dragonheart heal allies for 50% (includes Minions)
- Elder (Bonus): Dragonheart heal now works on Liz/Liz and Root Mother (at reduced rate)
- Elder (Misc): Increased Range on Armor Skill/Bonus from 15 to 30m
- Elder: Total Armor value increased from 13 to 32
- Akari (Opportunist): Perfect Dodge increases Move, Firing, Melee, Reload, Evade Speed by 20% for 7s
- Akari (Bonus): Perfect Dodge increases ALL Crit Chance by 15% for 7s
- Akari: Total Armor value increased from 21 to 37
- Drifter (Bonus): Movement Speed while in Standing Aim is increased by 25%
- Drifter: Total Armor value increased from 28 to 45
- Slayer (Assassin): Assassin Armor Skill changed to multiplicative instead of additive (stronger)
- Slayer (Bonus): Reload Speed is increased by 10%
- Slayer: Total Armor value increased from 29 to 43
- Twisted (Bonus): Melee Hits steal health from enemies (original Leech Ember values)
- Twisted: Total Weight value increased from 33 to 55 (50 with Twisted Mask)
- Twisted: Total Armor value increased from 30 to 74 (62 with Twisted Mask)
- Osseous (Bloodlust): Ranged/Melee hits against same target increases damage to that target
- Osseous (Bonus): Fire Rate & Melee Speed increased by 5%
- Osseous: Total Armor value increased from 35 to 47
- Radiant (Bonus): Reduced recoil by 10%
- Radiant: Total Armor value increased from 51 to 62
- Void (Power Transfer – NEW): Gain a damage stack every 10s (3 max).
- Void (Power Transfer – NEW): Taking damage removes a damage stack and adds defensive stack (3 max).
- Void (Bonus): Slightly increases iFrames on evades (+2)
- Void: Total Armor value increased from 70 to 120
- Bomber Hat: Total Armor value increased from 2 to 10
- Summons (Seed Caller, Beckon, Iron Sentinel, Tentacle Shot): Reduced to 2 charges per mod
DEVELOPER COMMENT: To better facilitate summoner build, balance, and performance, we reduced all summon mod charges to 2 (each summon by the caster counts towards increased damage for them only while wearing Soul Anchor). This also helps with summons blocking the paths of enemies. In our next update, we will be looking at powering up the effectiveness and identity of the individual summons.
- Explosive Shot: Projectile damage increased from 60 to 130
- Explosive Shot: AOE damage increased from 120 to 170
- Explosive Shot: Increased range from 3.5m to 4.0m
- Explosive Shot: Increased minimum dropoff damage from 65% to 80%
DEVELOPER COMMENT: In our ongoing endeavor to increase the effectiveness of each mod, we powered up Explosive Shot for those that really love AOE damage. Enjoy!
- Swarm: Fixed bug where projectile lifetime was limited to 12s
- Swarm: Fixed projectile duration to 20s (and not 12 or 25)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: In the last update, we realized a bug (no pun intended) in the behavior of Swarm AFTER we submitted the update but before we finalized the update notes. We originally intended to increase the time and we mistakenly thought 25s would rectify the issue. We’ve since fixed the issue that forced Swarm to remain at 12s and capped it at 20.
- Mender’s Aura: Nor works on Liz/Liz and Root Mother (at a reduced rate)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: This is more of a Quality of Life change, but you can now heal NPCs in combat at a reduced rate by using Mender’s Aura.
- Iron Sentinel: Will no longer target enemies that it cannot see
DEVELOPER COMMENT: If a turret loses line-of-sight on enemies and has no target, it will stop firing.
- Wasteland Goodboy has been buffed from Goodboy to Very Goodboy
DEVELOPER COMMENT: I mean, he is a very goodboy.