Teamfight Tactics is getting four new champions, all from a new Origin. The Hextech champions are Camille, Jayce, Vi, and Jinx. The new champions will be going live on the PBE today and will arrive on live servers with patch 9.16.
In this guide, we will run through everything you need to know about the new Origin and champions.
- At 2 Hextech, disable two random items on the enemy’s board at the start of combat.
- At 4 Hextech, disable four random items on the enemy’s board at the start of combat.
Randomly select a unit from all units that have items, then randomly disable one of the items on that unit. This means it is generally more reliable vs. players who are stacking all their items on a few units.
- Class: Blademaster
- Ability: Hextech Ultimatum – Camille roots and damages her current auto-attack target. Camille’s allies that can attack that target will switch their current target to do so.
- Meta: Ideally, Camille can single out an enemy and help her team focus fire them down. Explicit external control over AI’s targeting is a new effect, and we’d like to see players consider who they want to target on the enemy team.
- Tier: 1
- Class: Shapeshifter
- Ability: Thundering Blow + Transform Mercury Cannon – Knockback his target then change to ranged, gaining max attack speed for a few attacks.
- Meta: Jayce can break up the enemy frontline fairly early on in the fight, a premium and rare effect in TFT. Jayce has a particularly low mana cost for a shapeshifter (50).
- Tier: 2
- Class: Brawler
- Ability: Assault and Battery – Vi targets the furthest enemy and launches towards them, knocking aside everyone else while knocking up and dealing damage on impact with her target.
- Meta: Vi provides backline access on priority targets. Something we particularly wanted for Brawlers.
- Tier: 3
- Class: Gunslinger
- Ability: Get Excited – Jinx gets more excited as she scores takedowns. After her first, she gains attacked speed. After her second, she pulls out Fishbones for AoE damage on Autos.
- Meta: Jinx is a ramping AoE AA carry (opposed to Draven ramping single target AA carry). She’s a particularly squishy, high risk/reward carry.
- Tier: 4
Now, how they play, I cannot attest to until they arrive on the PBE, and I get to play some games with them. A whole new Origin, with four new Champions, is quite the surprise. It should have quite the impact on the game’s every shifting meta.