The final Throwback Challenge week has arrived in Pokémon Go, the Champion Throwback Challenge, where players will encounter an array of Unova and have the chance to capture Galarian Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Shield. Those who finished all of the previous Throwback Challenge events will have access to this, but you can always purchase your ticket from the Pokémon Go application.
Much like the previous weeks, the Champion Throwback Challenge features a variety of different research tasks players will need to complete to move on to the next task. Each series of completed challenges yields several rewards, but unlike the previous ones, the Champion Challenges do not have a time limit. You can complete them at your leisure so long as you have access to them through purchasing the ticket or having completed all of the Throwback Challenges.
- Make 15 Great Throws – Galarian Meowth encounter
- Catch 15 Pokémon – Incense x 1
- Transfer 15 Pokémon – Ultra Balls x 30
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, and Gothita Encounter
- Evolve 5 Pokémon – Rare Candy x 5
- Hatch 15 Eggs – Oshawott encounter
- Wint 15 raids – Max Revives x 10
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, and a Darumaka encounter
- Make an Excellent Throw – Rare Candies x 10
- Battle 15 Trainers – Tepig Encounter
- Power-up 15 Pokémon – 500 Stardust
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, and a Zebstrika Encounter
- Give 15 treats to your buddy – 1 Golden Razz Berry
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokémon – Snivy Encounter
- Take 15 Snapshots – 1 Silver Pinap Berry
Rewards: 50 Stardust, 500 XP, and an Audino Encounter
- Claim Reward – 5 Charged TMs
- Claim Reward – A Galarian Stunfisk Encounter
- Claim Reward – 1 Fast TM
Rewards: Rare Candy x 5, Professor Willow’s Glasses for your avatar, and a Genesect Encounter.
During the event, you can expect to encounter Galarian Stunfisk in the wild, which is making its debut. Galarian Meowth, Daramaku, and Zigzagoon will be available through 7-kilometer eggs and as rewards for the Champion Throwback Challenges. You can receive 7-kilometer eggs through gifts from friends, so expect to send out and request plenty of those from your friends during the event to increase your chances of encountering and capturing these Pokémon.