Bungie’s first major expansion for Destiny 2 comes out on September 4th and is called Forsaken. This isn’t particularly newsworthy, but the exact release times of this DLC are always a little bit tricky so we’ve broken it down in an easy to understand format for you here.
Destiny 2 Year 2 Patch Release Date
Before Forsaken sees the light of day, Bungie will kick off Year 2 of Destiny 2 with a major patch on August 28th. This update also concludes the Solstice of Heroes event and the Moments of Triumphs for Year 1. It all begins at 9:45 am PDT on Tuesday, August 28.
- 9:30 am PDT: Players will no longer be able to log into Destiny 2
- 9:45 am PDT: Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance, and all players will be returned to the title screen
- At this time, Solstice of Heroes will end, and Moments of Triumph will no longer be available
- 10 am PDT: Destiny 2 Update 2.0.0 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions
- 10 am – 2 pm PDT: Destiny 2 will remain offline for maintenance
- 2 pm PDT: Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude
Destiny 2: Forsaken Release Date
Exactly one week later, purchasers of Destiny 2: Forsaken will be able to download the expansion’s update and get ready to experience the new content.
- 7 am PDT: Destiny 2 will be brought down for maintenance
- 7:30 am PDT: The Forsaken patch will be available for download
- 10 am PDT: Destiny 2 maintenance will conclude and assuming you have finished downloading Forsaken, you will be able to play the new content
On September 4, there will be a day one patch that players will need to download before they can play Forsaken. Destiny 2 will be brought down for maintenance at 7 AM PDT, and we anticipate that the patch will become available to players on all platforms by 7:30 AM PDT. Maintenance will end at 10 AM PDT, and assuming you have completed your download, you can start playing Forsaken at that time.
The Last Wish Raid Release Date
The last portion of the Forsaken expansion is the Last Wish raid, which will become available a week-and-a-half after the initial launch of Destiny 2: Forsaken.
Senior Designer Joe Blackburn says the following about the Last Wish release date:
Forsaken is proof that the full Destiny 2 experience is just beginning when the campaign comes to a close. With so many new things to do and so much Power to gain, we knew that players would need more than just three days to prepare for the incredible challenges of Forsaken’s raid. That’s why “Last Wish,” the next chapter in Destiny’s raiding legacy, goes live on September 14 at 10 AM PDT, a week and a half after you’ll have first set foot on the Tangled Shore. Good luck, Guardians.
Now that you’re fully prepared for what to expect and can schedule your gaming precisely to the release dates of Destiny 2 Year 2, Destiny 2: Forsaken, and the Last Wish raid, why not head over to our Destiny 2 Guide Hub to brush up on any last minute activities you need to get done.