If you want to have a good experience in Yakuza: Like a Dragon, you need to think about balancing your party correctly. You can only run around and battle with four characters at once, and if they’re all dealing damage, then no one can heal properly or taunt enemies to absorb most of the damage. The game does punish you if you don’t pay attention. You also want to pay attention to your character’s stats, and you can view them on the party menu.
All stats in Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Here’s a breakdown of what all of the stats mean in the game.
- Attack: Your character’s attack shows how much damage they will deal every time they perform an attack.
- Defense: Your character’s defense shows how much straight damage they can withstand and prevent from lowering their health.
- Magic: Your character’s magic shows how much damage they can deal with their skill-based attacks.
- Healing: Your character’s healing shows how much healing power they provide other members of the party whenever they use a healing spell. They can do this on themselves or other party members.
- Agility: Your character’s agility stat shows how evasive they are, showing how quickly they can attack in the turn order.
- Dexterity: Your character’s dexterity shows how agile they are, increasing the chances that an attack against them might miss.
- Blunt Resistance: A character’s damage resistance to taking blunt attacks.
- Blade Resistance: A character’s damage resistance to taking blade attacks.
- Bullet Resistance: A character’s damage resistance to taking bullet attacks.
- Fire resistance: A character’s damage resistance to taking fire attacks.
- Ice Resistance: A character’s damage resistance to taking ice attacks.
- Electric Resistance: A character’s damage resistance to taking electric attacks.
You can modify these stats based on the gear your character is wearing, the type of job you give them, and many of these stats naturally increase as a character levels up. The attack resistance ones do no level up, though. These are directly given to a character based on the type of gear they’re wearing.
If you’re noticing, you’re battling against certain enemy types or that they give you the most trouble, head over to the Romance Workshop to find some new gear that will prevent your characters from taking as much damage. You’ll want to visit the Romance Shop frequently, so make sure to be on the lookout for new resources you can utilize.