From Oct. 1 to Nov. 4, Borderlands 3 players will have the chance to earn extra loot for all kinds of different activities as the series celebrates its 10th anniversary. Each week will have a different theme, which dictates the type of bonus loot dropping and how players can earn it.
Now through Oct. 8 is Boss Week, which gives an increased chance for Borderlands 3’s bosses to drop a unique piece of Legendary quality loot when they’re defeated. Some bosses affected by Boss Week have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods. There are also some excellent weapons on the list, including the Ten Gallon submachine gun, which turns spent ammo magazines into walking assault drones when you reload.
Here’s the full list of bosses taking part in the event and what you might find from them, straight from Gearbox:
- Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
- KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
- Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
- Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
- Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
- Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o’-the-Wisp
- Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
- GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
- Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
- Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
- Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
- Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
- Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch
Boss Week drop chance increases will be active through 8:59am PST on Oct. 8. When it ends, it gets replaced by another bonus week, this time themed around rare spawns. New information about the upcoming week gets announced every Monday of the month, the day before they go live in the game.
The full list of events for the Borderlands anniversary month, again courtesy of Gearbox:
- Week 1 (Oct. 1 to 7): Bonus Boss Loot!
- Week 2 (Oct. 8 to 14): Rare Spawn Hunt!
- Week 3 (Oct. 15 to 21): Show Me the Eridium!
- Week 4 (Oct. 22 to 28): Mayhem on Twitch!
- Week 5 (Oct. 29 to Nov. 4): Spooky Surprise!
The official anniversary of the original Borderlands’ release date is Oct. 20. We may see a surprise event to commemorate the date, but nothing has been announced to that effect yet. Gearbox did say it’s “saving some surprises for later” during its anniversary month. It should have some exciting plans not covered by the event calendar it released today.