It’s that time, Guardians! A new raid is upon us and Guardians from around the world are looking for ways to decipher its secrets and claim its loot. What follows is everything we know about the Last Wish Raid and everything you need to know to beat it.
What is the Last Wish Raid
The Last Wish raid has Guardians go after Riven, the last of the Ahamkara, in the Dreaming City. She has been Taken and it is up to you to destroy her. More details to come.
How to Access the Last Wish Raid
To launch into the Last Wish Raid, you will need a fireteam of six. You can launch into the activity on your own but it is highly unlikely that you’ll make it very far. The recommended Power Level for the Last Wish Raid is 550. That’s not insignificant. Keep in mind that you must be within 49 Power Levels of enemies to even be able to deal damage to them.
You can find the Last Wish Raid activity on the Dreaming City map in the Director and embark on it from there.
How to Beat the Last Wish Raid
At this point in time, many fireteams from around the world are trying to be the first team to clear the Last Wish Raid. We’ve embedded a live stream from iLulu on Twitch below. Bungie is featuring this stream in the Blizzard App as well.
How to Defeat Kalli, the Corrupted
The very first encounter in the Last Wish Raid has you attempting to defeat Kalli, the Corrupted in the Tower of Opened Eyes area within the Dreaming City.
Recommended Power for enemies in this area is 560.
Kalli, the Corrupted – Summary
- Determine six symbols
- Cleanse corresponding plates and kill knights
- Damage Kalli
- Hide in rooms to avoid a wipe
- Damage Kalli
- Rinse and repeat
Kalli, the Corrupted – Details
Around the room are a number of plates. Each plate has a related symbol hanging above it and is divided into three sections.
Use the six symbols hanging above Kalli to determine which six plates are relevant. The goal is to cleanse those plates. Once Kalli becomes active, all plates will spawn Taken Purge bombs in two of three sections. Stand in the section that is bomb-free and wait for the bombs to explode. Two new bombs appear, which means you need to move to the safe section. Repeat this three times until the plate is cleansed and a knight will spawn. Kill the knight to clear the symbol of the plate you were working on. This will allow you to start dealing damage to Kalli.
When a message appears that Kalli is preparing her weapon, it’s time to hide inside the small rooms in the central arena. Each room only holds one Guardian and if your knight was not killed, you won’t get a door to open and will be killed. Not all doors will open, but if all six knights are dead, six doors will open. Hide in the saferooms until Kalli’s wipe mechanic has passed.
You can now damage Kalli again as she moves to another area of the central arena and a new set of doors will open. Repeat the mechanic a total of three times. After the third set of doors has been used, the entire mechanic will reset and a new set of symbols will appear above the arena. Repeat the encounter until Kalli has been defeated.
Kalli, the Corrupted – Tips
- Name the symbols in a way that makes sense to your fireteam. “S”, “U”, 8, “Infinity” are common examples.
- Use shotguns to defeat the knights.
- Use Sleeper Simulant, Whisper of the Worm, and ranged Supers on Kalli.
- Don’t forget to use a Raid Banner to provide your team with super power and heavy ammo.
- Like most bosses in Destiny 2, Kalli will kick you away if you get too close.
- After three rounds of doors and damage, the second round of symbols starts immediately, so don’t be slow to pick new plates.
- Sometimes Kalli visits you while you’re cleansing a plate. Shoot her in the head to make her leave.
How to Defeat Shuro Chi, the Corrupted
The second encounter takes places in the First Spire and you’ll face Shuro Chi, the Corrupted. As soon as you enter the room, your team will be afflicted with “Shuro Chi’s Song,” a four-minute debuff timer. If it reaches zero, your team will be wiped.
Shuro Chi, the Corrupted – Summary
- Kill the Eye of Riven Knight and pick up a Taken Essence. This will turn you into a Taken Knight.
- Clear all enemies to make three crystals spawn around Shuro Chi.
- Three players grab a prism crystal and step on a plate each, shooting the prism weapon to the player on the right, thus forming a triangle. This will remove Shuro Chi’s shield.
- Deal damage to Shuro Chi.
- The player who picked up the Taken Essence keeps track of the Taken Essence debuff. Before it reaches 10x, the player has to use their super in order to end the Taken Essence debuff and become a normal Guardian again. This will also avoid the wipe mechanic of Shuro Chi.
- Repeat the process after Shuro Chi teleports.
- After the second damage phase, enter a room on the right side with a grid of pressure plates in it. Clear out the enemies and look at the first of three symbol images on the wall.
- The images are made up of a 3×3 grid with several symbols missing. Align yourself to face the wall image and then jump on the plates as they correspond to the missing sections of the wall image. Do this simultaneously with your fireteam. The wall image should fill in the missing pieces if you did it right.
- Do the same for the second and third image. Players cannot step on the same plate as they did before, so communicate and rotate accordingly.
- Once all three wall images are complete, Shuro Chi’s Song will reset and you can ascend several platforms to the outside and keep fighting.
Shuro Chi, the Corrupted – Details
Shuro Chi, the Corrupted – Tips
- Players cannot activate the same plate in the symbol puzzle more than once. They can step on and off the same plate if the puzzle isn’t solved correctly, however.
How to Defeat Morgeth, the Spirekeeper
Following the Shuro Chi encounter and some parkouring up to the next area is a fight with Morgeth, the Spirekeeper.
Morgeth, the Spirekeeper – Summary
- Reach the large Taken Blight and stand around it to trigger the fight.
- Kill all enemies until glowing orbs spawn.
- Collect them to gain a Taken Strength buff that can be stacked multiple times. A three-stack will kill you.
- If Morgeth traps a player, free them by throwing Taken Essence orbs at the trapped player. They can be gathered by defeating Taken Captains and are thrown like a grenade.
- When a trapped player is freed, their Taken Essence is transferred to the person who freed them. Keep an eye on the stack number as three will kill you.
- Throughout the fight, Morgeth’s strength will inrease. At 100% he will wipe the entire raid party.
- If a glowing orb appears near Morgeth, you can take it to remove his immunity and damage him.
- Taken Essence super attacks will reset his strength counter. Don’t use it until his strength is at 90% to give yourself as much DPS time as possible.
Morgeth, the Spirekeeper – Details
Morgeth, the Spirekeeper – Tips
- Assign two payers that will avoid Taken Strength and act as players who free trapped players. Then rotate responsibilities with those that were freed.
How to Solve the Vault Security Mechanism Puzzle
After the Morgeth, the Spirekeeper, fight, your team will face a puzzle instead of a combat encounter.
Unlock the Way Forward
This encounter is best described in a video. Mtashed has created an excellent guide.
How to Defeat Riven of a Thousand Voices
This is the big bad evil at the center of the Last Wish raid, though not the last encounter. Don’t be distracted by the monstrosity of Riven. Here’s what you need to do to be successful.
Riven of a Thousand Voices – Summary
- Kill enemies, especially the Eye of Riven, which drops Taken Essence orbs.
- One player grabs the Taken Essence orb and tells the team what symbol is appearing in front of the viewing platform.
- Have a second player act as a guide to the symbol viewer and lead them to the correct emblem and have them cleanse it.
- At some stage, Riven’s eyes will light up. They need to be shot when Riven starts her “open mouth” attack.
- Three sets of eyes light up and all six need to be shot to avoid a wipe.
- When your team starts slowly falling through the room, shoot Riven’s weak points to deal damage. Be aware of axion darts that spawn after that. Prioritize not dying over dealing damage in this phase.
- Once Riven’s health reaches a critical point, your fireteam will enter the Ascendant Plane.
- Jump across platforms being careful not to be pushed off by Taken Phalanxes.
- Reach the glowing spark at the end of the path before a wipe occurs and participate in a final damage phase.
Riven of a Thousand Voices – Details
Riven of a Thousand Voices – Tips
- Be wary of Riven’s tentacle attack that’s devastating up close. Once her tentacles are stuck in the ground, they can be damaged.
Take Riven’s Heart out of the Vault
Much to the chagrin of the fireteams that first defeated Riven, her demise is not the end of the Last Wish raid. Your fireteam will have to take Riven’s Heart out of the vault in order to complete the entire raid.
Riven’s Heart – Summary
- One player will be “Chosen” at random.
- This player has to pick up Riven’s heart which provides an Aura that shrinks over time.
- Players outside of the Aura will receive a debuff that continually stacks until death.
- When the aura expires, the “chosen” player gets teleported to an area where they will be assaulted by Taken Thrall and Knights.
Riven’s Heart – Details
Riven’s Heart – Tips
Secret Paths and Plates
Hidden Plate Before First Encounter
While they may not be secret, we don’t yet know what the purpose of these hidden paths and plates at the end of them are. Here is a video on how to reach the first one we’ve encountered.
Hidden Chest After Shuro Chi
After defeating Shuro Chi, the Corrupted, you can climb up a tree and scale a cliff to find a hidden chest.
Credits and Recognitions
A tremendous amount of work has been put in by various community groups on Reddit, and this particular thread has served to assist in many areas of this guide. Thank you!
We’ll update this guide as new information and solutions become available. In the meantime, feel free to visit our Destiny 2 Guide Hub to prepare yourself for the upcoming fight!