One of the new challenges added to Fortnite this week is to block damage with a Kingsman. It is a part of the second week of Skye’s Adventure. Finishing up 18 of the challenges means you can get access to Skye’s secret mission, and get your hands on her Ghost or Shadow style.
The first thing you will need to do for this challenge is to get a Kingsman. This is all down to RNG, as it can be obtained the same way as any other item in the game, which is by opening chests. It is probably best not to focus on doing this challenge, and just let it happen naturally, as it might take some time to get your hands on a Kingsman.
The Kingsman is an umbrella that you can use as a sword, and it will also open up to block damage. Use the aim down sights button to use it as a shield, and you are good to go. It will only block damage coming directly from in front of you, so watch your flanks. As bullets hit the umbrella, it will turn clear, allowing you to see through it, which is a nice touch.
Now, you will need someone to shoot at you. The challenge is to block damage; it doesn’t say the damage needs to be done by other players. If you want, you can head to one of the new points of interest this season and find some Henchmen who will happily start shooting at you.
You can find the rest of this week’s challenges below:
- Search chests at landmarks (0/10)
- Eliminate players with SMGs from within 15 meters (0/3)
- Hit 5 consecutive weak points while harvesting materials (0/3)
- Fly a Choppa under the purple, red and blue steel bridges
- Stoke a Campfire, consume a Foraged Apple, consume a Foraged Mushroom
- Land at the Shark and visit The Agency in the same match
- Hit pistol headshots on players or henchmen
- Search Skye’s Sword in a Stone found in high places (0/5)
- Block Damage with a Kingsman (0/200)
- Bounce on Crash Pads in different matches (0/3)