Fortnite v12.10 is available for download, but users on Apple’s mobile devices are running into an issue when trying to launch the game. They are receiving an error message that their client is out of date. Unfortunately, there is nothing to be done until the client update patch becomes available on the App Store, according to the official Fortnite Status account.
Unfortunately, there is nothing Epic can do to solve the problem, and it is up to the App Store to run the updates through, so any delay is firmly on their end. This is a pretty common problem for Fortnite updates on iOS devices, and it can crop up a couple of times a year when updates are released.
For now, all you can do is wait it out and maybe check the App Store every once in a while to check and see if the update is available there yet. The cause of the problem is that the servers have all updated to the new version, but the client version on your mobile device has yet to change, as the update is not available through the App Store yet. So, when you try to log on to the game, the servers reject the connection from the outdated client. It never takes too long to resolve, thankfully.
Below, you can find the currently known list of changes that were made to the game with this update, as Epic has not made official patch notes available yet.
v12.10 Patch Notes
- Sprint by default changed to On for all players.
- XP gain from XP Coins not appearing in the XP bar.
- Big Haul Glider variant may not unlock.
- Unable to close map with map input if bound to directional pad up.
- Teammate arrows flickering / temporarily disappearing in Team Rumble.
- Weak Point hits not registering when very close to them.
- Splitscreen: Player 1 interrupts Player 2’s trigger button action.
- Flair style of Y0ND3R incorrectly locked.
- (Save the World) Unable to collect items with the pickup key.
- (Save the World) Players may get stuck in the inventory menu.
- (Save the World) Controller inputs may not function correctly on Feedback/Reporting in the player menus.
- (Creative) The Class Selector Device will not work unless the volume is visible.
- (Mobile) Updating to latest patch.
- (Mobile) Map markers misaligned after zooming.